+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GIANTS Meet with BRIAN WINTERS OT/G Kent St. at Sr Bowl..

I hate this stuff. Teams talk to everyone they can at these events

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    im praying Fisher from C.Michigan (OT) makes it to us at 19 (or we trade up a few spots if he gets near 19 or trade back if JR knows based on team need). I know that other guy is being touted as the "1 in a generation LT" and most likely will go 1 overall, but really, Fisher is right there imho. He has the perfect size, build/width, strength, footwork...he's gonna be a beast imo and starting day 1. If we take him, he could be an all pro RT for us for 10 yrs...I am super stoked on him. He just destroys DE's 1v1 in pass pro, and he is a nasty run blocker...
    I think hes going to Arizona at #7 or Chargers at #11..

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I hate this stuff. Teams talk to everyone they can at these events
    So, if u think that, then why not just ignore the thead? These guys report from the event, unlike u, who reports from his living room sofa, with no idea whats going on there...

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I think hes going to Arizona at #7 or Chargers at #11..
    No chance he gets by SD at 12.. I said that as soon as i learned Taylor Lewan and Jake Mathews were going back to school... Now, hes doing so well, a team might trade up and get em even earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    No chance he gets by SD at 12.. I said that as soon as i learned Taylor Lewan and Jake Mathews were going back to school... Now, hes doing so well, a team might trade up and get em even earlier...
    Fisher did really good against Okafor and Jones today. He's been so consistent and the fact he is dedicated to studying his opponents (for a senior bowl of all things) is a huge plus in my book.

This usually shows where the Giants are targeting the position. So if not this guy, you'll still probably see an OL pick somewhere in the 3rd-4th round.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    So, if u think that, then why not just ignore the thead? These guys report from the event, unlike u, who reports from his living room sofa, with no idea whats going on there...
    Because people take these reports as meaning the giants have serious interest in drafting him. And this doesn't show that at all. If they reported everyone the giants talked to it would be nearly everyone at the senior bowl.

It's just pointless

Because people take these reports as meaning the giants have serious interest in drafting him.
    Those people are probably new to the drafting world then. It's like Myles said earlier in the thread: the point is for Reese to gather more information on these prospects to get a better idea of them personally and to learn more about what kind of scenarios they experienced in practice/games.

Some people here had questions about the prospect and now they know more about him so I'd say the thread wasn't pointless.

Because people take these reports as meaning the giants have serious interest in drafting him. And this doesn't show that at all. If they reported everyone the giants talked to it would be nearly everyone at the senior bowl.

It's just pointless
    The giants have drafted many players they've showed intrest in over the past servearl yrs.. They certainly don't waste there time meeting guys they have no interest in.. Thats just stupid.. Of course they have some sort of intrest if they met and took time outta there day to get to know em.. They met with em becuase they got issues with the age and effectiveness of the oline.. Brian Winters makes a ton of sense for the giants to be interviewing...

Again, other people obviously enjoy the thread, so why come be a dink? Just can't help yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    This usually shows where the Giants are targeting the position. So if not this guy, you'll still probably see an OL pick somewhere in the 3rd-4th round.
    Exactly.. I coulden't agree more..

+ Reply to Thread