+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think NE is cursed....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Brady is not cursed, just overrated. Is he a good QB? Sure. But I'm SICK AND TIRED of hearing of the Montana comparisons...
    I don't like Brady but come on he is pretty darn good and the Montana comparisons are not that far off.

Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    Because of spygate? It seems like they are not destined to win another SB.......until maybe after Brady/Belichick move on? I know its not directly Giants related for a topic.......but we did play them for our last 2 titles.
    For those of you who believe in curses, this makes sense. For the rest of us...............
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    No such thing as curses... There are things called lack of defense and poor execution, however.
    Madden Curse is real!

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    Madden Curse is real!
    Megatron didn't get injured this year though...

Was the NE defense better when they won the 3 SBs, versus now? We know the offense now is better than what they had then....
    Yes, those defenses were scrappy. Not dominant but very persistent and situationally ferocious.

In those days Brady wasn't the Brady we know now, either.

All-Pro
    maybe they are not as good as they are continually made out to be...living up here with Pats fans all around I'm pretty much tired of dealing with their touted greatness ....curse or not the fact that they lost is good news for me...its stifling effect on the masses here is peaceful

He cheated...

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    They aren't cursed lol, they just face better teams in the playoffs.
    This.

The disadvantages of being in a weak division.

Was the NE defense better when they won the 3 SBs, versus now? We know the offense now is better than what they had then....
    New England's best (statistical) defense was in 2007.

The whole "curse" thing was just conjecture really........I don't believe they are cursed in the literal sense, but maybe they are encountering a bit of the "sowing and reaping" consequences. Megatron was playing hurt for a good chunk of the season if I remember correctly......he had a shoulder thing, a knee thing.......was he down for a chunk of games, no. But he was not 100% for the whole season.

+ Reply to Thread