+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you think NE is cursed....

This franchise had a dynasty not that long ago and they are cursed? lol.

They are unfortunate that they play in such a crappy division though. They don't get physically prepared throughout the season to face the physical teams in the playoffs (Ravens, Giants.)

Is there such thing as karma? I am not sure outside of the Patriots fans how many were rooting for them in 2007, it did not seem like fans appreciated their arrogance. Anyway, all I know is that 2007 failure was demoralizing. I would not want to be at the receiving end of that defeat. I don't think they were able to recover from that fully. And they've tried over and over to recapture it, but they always fell short and many times because Brady did not have a good game. Defense figured out it's easy to fluster him if you hit him enough times. As they said, he'd start to see things that weren't there. It must be frustrating to get so close every year, and not be able to close it out and still trying to win that elusive 4th title for the last 8-9 years. Then you lost to the Giants who barely squeaked by the playoffs twice, it's devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    The whole "curse" thing was just conjecture really........I don't believe they are cursed in the literal sense, but maybe they are encountering a bit of the "sowing and reaping" consequences. Megatron was playing hurt for a good chunk of the season if I remember correctly......he had a shoulder thing, a knee thing.......was he down for a chunk of games, no. But he was not 100% for the whole season.
    Yet he also became the all-time leader for receiving yards. That's how "cursed" he was.
    Many players play hurt, it's just the nature of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Yet he also became the all-time leader for receiving yards. That's how "cursed" he was.
    Many players play hurt, it's just the nature of the sport.
    All true...but he was still hurt......gotcha there. So if you want to get technical, the Madden curse kinda stays true......lol.

Patriots aren't cursed. They just haven't had a good defense since 2007. Brady is getting old, but he's still good enough to play and they have weapons on offense. But since 2007 Wilfork has been their only legit play maker on defense. And that's shocking coming from a team coached by Belichick.

Quote Originally Posted by shane4177 View Post
    All true...but he was still hurt......gotcha there. So if you want to get technical, the Madden curse kinda stays true......lol.
    Isn't this "curse" supposed to inflict a down season on the player in question? Calvin had one of his best.

Using an injury - any injury - as a qualifier is weak as hell. How many key players don't injure themselves during the course of the season?

You just can't say a player was "cursed", when he just had the finest statistical season of any player to play his position. Continuing to press on with this "curse" nonsense is simply moronic.
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 01-25-2013 at 09:39 AM.

The Pats havent been the best team in the playoffs since the 2008 Super Bowl.

+ Reply to Thread