+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: GM Jerry Reese: Giants Will Interview Manti Teo At NFL Scouting Combine

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Different types of players. Assuming the medical on Jones clears (which I doubt) I think Jones is a more valuable player than Teo. Pass rusher > non pass rusher.

And that's coming from a ND fan who loves Teo
    But would you draft Jones to convert him to a DE, barring his injury history. Take into effect the rotation we play at DE and who we already have waiting in the wing, plus how long it would take for him to get it right and put it altogether vs. Te'o who would start immediately in our defense and possibly signifigantly up grade the position?

*How did you feel last night, watching Manziel (don't know if i spelled that right) win the Heisman over Te'o? I am stationed in Hawaii and i was at this mai-tai bar with a bunch of locals and we were all pissed off at, a lot of cursing, some racial remarks, extra drinks were order some people even left lol. These Samoans are all about any player that's a native.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    But would you draft Jones to convert him to a DE, barring his injury history. Take into effect the rotation we play at DE and who we already have waiting in the wing, plus how long it would take for him to get it right and put it altogether vs. Te'o who would start immediately in our defense and possibly signifigantly up grade the position?
    Well its certainly more of a projection with Jones than it would be with Teo. But I think you could make the argument for it.

As for the Heisman, I knew they were going to give it to Manzel, so I didnt pay attention to it. They really should just make it an offensive award. Why they invite defensive players who never have a chance I have no clue.

Veteran
    Jones and Te'O will both be gone in the draft, fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Jones and Te'O will both be gone in the draft, fact.
    Depends on Jones medical. He may be pulled off teams boards

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Depends on Jones medical. He may be pulled off teams boards
    Yep, and I really dont think Teo is going to go as high as people think. Hes not a Willis type talent, not even a Kuechly type talent. I think somewhere 15-20 he gets drafted.

I could see Teo go to the Steelers for instance. To pair with Timmons, or the Colts to be the leader as they install that new defense.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Yep, and I really dont think Teo is going to go as high as people think. Hes not a Willis type talent, not even a Kuechly type talent. I think somewhere 15-20 he gets drafted.

I could see Teo go to the Steelers for instance. To pair with Timmons, or the Colts to be the leader as they install that new defense.
    Different kind of player then Kuechly. Te'o is probably better off playing in a 3-4 defense bigger more physical . Kuechly is better off chasing. I dont think this draft has many elite players so it may come down more to need
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-10-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Veteran
    Speaking of Te'o I think it would be cool to have a samoan player on our team, it seems like every other team has one lol. he could be like a Troy Polamalu

Te'o Being toyed with early

Now ND isn't playing good D as a whole but I've been specifically watching Te'o and so far he's been caught on every fake and hasn't gotten off a block yet. not looking good in the early going but the game is young.

Looks like **** on a stick

Ya, so does Tuitt and Bennett Jackson and Kapron Lewis Moore as well.. Only ones who've done anything is Motta and Nix...

+ Reply to Thread