+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: GM Jerry Reese: Giants Will Interview Manti Teo At NFL Scouting Combine

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I still don't think this game will hurt Te'o's stock. Some team is going to fall in love with his story/leadership.
    That game crushed Te'o's stock.

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    I'll forfeit the missed tackles argument. He did, and so did the rest of the ND defense not wearing 17.

BlueSanta: If you're saying Alabama's offensive strategy didn't place a priority on Te'o, you are utterly mistaken. I'll admit speculation, but I will not be so naive to think otherwise.
    I am saying that. Bama did the same thing they do in every game. They put a helmet on guys who can make the tackle, including Te'o. The difference was that NDs dline, which up until this game, was so good at keeping those blockers off Te'o failed to do so. Te'o had to, for the 1st time all season, deal with blockers on a regular basis. Bama did not gameplan for Te'o they gameplanned to block like they always do.

I did not see anyone else being left unblocked in favor of blocking Te'o. I did snot see a bunch of Te'o Double teams. What I saw was guys getting to te'o to block him, and thta was something ND was entirely unused to seeing since they arent used to having their Dline dominated.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I am saying that. Bama did the same thing they do in every game. They put a helmet on guys who can make the tackle, especially Te'o.
    fixed that for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I did snot see a bunch of Te'o Double teams. What I saw was guys getting to te'o to block him, and thta was something ND was entirely unused to seeing since they arent used to having their Dline dominated.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I agree.

My prediction is that he will be there at 19 and we will pass.

You underestimate the stupidity of some teams. I just have the gut feeling one of the bottom dwellers already has their heart set for this kid to "clean" their franchise with good character.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    You underestimate the stupidity of some teams. I just have the gut feeling one of the bottom dwellers already has their heart set for this kid to "clean" their franchise with good character.
    Only if he has an amazing Combine in combination with a good showing in the Shrine Game / Senior Bowl.

Those three things (Bowl game, Combine and Senior / Shrine) are the draft setters.

That and I don't think most teams in today's NFL would take a chance on a LBer in the first unless they look like a lock.

That and Al Davis died.
    Last edited by Kruunch; 01-08-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Only if he has an amazing Combine in combination with a good showing in the Shrine Game / Senior Bowl.

Those three things (Bowl game, Combine and Senior / Shrine) are the draft setters.

That and I don't think most teams in today's NFL would take a chance on a LBer in the first unless they look like a lock.

That and Al Davis died.
    I don't know man...not every team values the combine as much as some of us do. You don't think it's possible at all for some team in the top 10 or even 15 to make a reach on a player? Te'o is the PERFECT candidate for a reach selection.

If Te'o is available..

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...tions-steelers Says his stock might have plummeted to the 17 spot and might take another blow depending on the senior bowl and combine. If he were to reach 19, would you personally take the risk?

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

I might, but I don't think that Reese would take him there. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I might, but I don't think that Reese would take him there. Just my opinion.
    I dont either, it is interesting though.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

+ Reply to Thread