+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: GM Jerry Reese: Giants Will Interview Manti Teo At NFL Scouting Combine

I wouldn't. Alabama is basically an low end NFL caliber offense. And did you see how they abused him?

Give me Ogletree
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

Nothing against Te'o but I think there are more positions of impact that we need to address 1st, particularly DE or CB.

There is no doubt our LB core underperformed this year and we need to swap out some parts. But, you could put Butkis, Lewis, or any MLB in our lineup and we wont be able to stop the pass if we cant generate more of a passrush or cover a guy for 3 seconds.

Yes.. I take Te'o at #19, would solve our MLB issues

He was doing things that Te'O just could not do vs Bama.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Nothing against Te'o but I think there are more positions of impact that we need to address 1st, particularly DE or CB.

There is no doubt our LB core underperformed this year and we need to swap out some parts. But, you could put Butkis, Lewis, or any MLB in our lineup and we wont be able to stop the pass if we cant generate more of a passrush or cover a guy for 3 seconds.
    U don't think Te'O is Impact? I mean, hes impacting the run game, the pass game and hes got the presence u feel would thrive in NYC... I think hes one of the biggest impact players in this draft, just like Kuechly last yr..

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...tions-steelers Says his stock might have plummeted to the 17 spot and might take another blow depending on the senior bowl and combine. If he were to reach 19, would you personally take the risk?
    I would pass on him like a hot potato.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    U don't think Te'O is Impact? I mean, hes impacting the run game, the pass game and hes got the presence u feel would thrive in NYC... I think hes one of the biggest impact players in this draft, just like Kuechly last yr..
    his BCS game performance was very telling,,he was lost and got pushed around. greg jones 2.0.

If you watch him the rest of the season you see similar things to what he showed against Alabama. Just not in the same quantity. When he missed a tackle against another team the rest of the ND defense got there and helped out. Not so against Bama.

But all season Teo had much of the same issues. Shedding blocks, making tackles.

If Te'o is available, Giants run up to make the pick

A couple weeks ago I would've said hell yes but not anymore. Ogletree is going to be a better pro plain and simple. He has elite athleticism, pass coverage, and playmaking ability. Ogletree is my vote for pick 19.

+ Reply to Thread