+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: GM Jerry Reese: Giants Will Interview Manti Teo At NFL Scouting Combine

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    If you watch him the rest of the season you see similar things to what he showed against Alabama. Just not in the same quantity. When he missed a tackle against another team the rest of the ND defense got there and helped out. Not so against Bama.

But all season Teo had much of the same issues. Shedding blocks, making tackles.
    if it had to be LB there would you agree that ogletree would be the better pick? assuming it was just the two of them at the 19th spot.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    if it had to be LB there would you agree that ogletree would be the better pick? assuming it was just the two of them at the 19th spot.
    Possibly. Im not sure I would want either at 19.

If the question is which would I rather have, Teo or Ogletree, I would say Ogletree.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Possibly. Im not sure I would want either at 19.

If the question is which would I rather have, Teo or Ogletree, I would say Ogletree.
    yes slip,,that was the qustion and i agree,,also agree that we shuold have better options at 10,,although I am not sold on ansah as many are,,,I am hoping for someone to drop,,you know how this stuff works with the Gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by 2013BigBlue View Post
    I'd say yes before watching that Bama game....but wow he got abused by them. Look at the difference between his bowl performance and Johnny Football's bowl performance and there is NO DOUBT they picked the correct Heisman winner! I made another thread about getting Eddie Lacy with 1st pick and while I understand its not out most important need it sure would be a MUCH better value than Te'o in my opinion
    never a RB in the first for the giants unless we are talking AP talent,,which does not come around often.

Giants: In Manti Te'o The Answer To Their Void At MLB?

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...t_mlb/12613228

Excerpt: "The New York Giants have lacked a dependable presence at the important middle linebacker position since Antonio Pierce retired following the 2009 NFL season.

Though the Giants have failed to truly address the need since his departure, the 2013 NFL draft could be the perfect opportunity to find a vital missing piece in the middle of their defense. And after his subpar performance in the BCS National Championship, Notre Dame’s Manti Te’o may be available when the Giants are slotted to pick with the 19th selection of the first round.

The Heisman finalist proved to be a phenomenal leader for the Fighting Irish en route to their spectacular 2012 season. Though his play was lackluster in an embarrassing loss for the Irish against the Alabama Crimson Tide in the BCS National Championship Game, there is no reason to ignore his entire collegiate career.

Te’o is a physical player in the middle with good NFL size (6’2”, 255 pounds). He could use a lot of improvement when reading and reacting to plays, usually moving on what he sees in front of him rather than anticipating where the football is going. Despite this, Te’o is a ball hawk with a tendency to make his presence known on any given play.

Chase Blackburn and Mark Herzlich have been serviceable for the Giants at middle linebacker, but neither appears to be a long-term option for the starting role. While the second-year Herzlich still has time to develop, Blackburn has proven himself to be nothing more than a situational linebacker, a beloved leader and special teams ace.Te’o is an instant starter in the NFL, however, with the potential to be a game-changing player from day one." Read more...
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-09-2013 at 09:20 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    What about the honey badger?

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    I'd definitely pass on him. He's not even projected to go in the 2nd round.
    #80 = Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
    #13 = Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    I would take a flier on him from the 4th round on,,no question,,,the potential upside, even as just a return man is huge. he is small,,and obviously has had some problems,,and needs work with his technique,,,but man is that kid one hell of a ball hawk,,you just can't teach this.

Honey Badger in the 5th sounds about right..

That writer was rough on Blackburn...

I'm not for using a 1st round pick to replace a slow linebacker with another one with questionable speed.

+ Reply to Thread