+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: GM Jerry Reese: Giants Will Interview Manti Teo At NFL Scouting Combine

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This kind of statement makes me want to pull my hair out. Georgia has a MUCH better defense than ND. It's not even a fair comparison. Ogletree made some good plays but was kept clean a fair amount.

I'm not trying to be a Te'o apologist.

At this point I'd say both Ogletree and Te'o are going to be overdrafted. 2nd round talents.
    Thats not really true. ND has some very talented players up front. The bigger difference is that they run a 3-4, where the guards have a free shot at the linebackers every play.

Georgia in their base defense runs a lot of 4-3, (technically more of a 50 front) where Ogletree has two DTs to soak up blockers.

But either way I agree with your conclusion. Ogletree and Teo are not top 20 type prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Yeah the 2 Big DT's that Georgia has helps out Ogletree a lot.
    I believe he just lead GA in Tackles and made a Sack and a Fumble Recovery in the bowl game, without Jenkins, i believe?

I mean, whos he gonna have in the pros? If he comes to us, hes got big Linval Joseph, a former 2nd rder, whos getting better and better, and Chris Canty most likely.. Thats pretty good 2 Tackles to play MLB behind.. Space eaters at the least..

U can't fault the guy for playing in a system and doing well with 2 good DT's.. I mean, he played good, and deserves his mock draft grade.. He lead the GA team in tackles, had double digit TFL, a few sacks, a INT, a TD..etc All while missing 4games.. Hes done a heck of a job all around..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I believe he just lead GA in Tackles and made a Sack and a Fumble Recovery in the bowl game, without Jenkins, i believe?

I mean, whos he gonna have in the pros? If he comes to us, hes got big Linval Joseph, a former 2nd rder, whos getting better and better, and Chris Canty most likely.. Thats pretty good 2 Tackles to play MLB behind.. Space eaters at the least..

U can't fault the guy for playing in a system and doing well with 2 good DT's.. I mean, he played good, and deserves his mock draft grade.. He lead the GA team in tackles, had double digit TFL, a few sacks, a INT, a TD..etc All while missing 4games.. Hes done a heck of a job all around..
    I know the stats that still doesnt make him stack and shed well. When u keep blockers off him he is great . He will make every play when clean

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This kind of statement makes me want to pull my hair out. Georgia has a MUCH better defense than ND. It's not even a fair comparison. Ogletree made some good plays but was kept clean a fair amount.

I'm not trying to be a Te'o apologist.

At this point I'd say both Ogletree and Te'o are going to be overdrafted. 2nd round talents.
    GA did not have a better D then ND! ND gave up 6pts to MICHIGAN and 3pts to MIAMI, 14 to BYU, 13 to OKLAHOMA, 10 to NAVY, and a combined 19 to W.FOREST, BC, and USC..etc ND's D was stellar this yr, and the main reason they went undefeated.. Oh ya, they gave up 13 to Stanford in OT! ND's D was sick! Nix, Motta, Lewis-Moore, Te'O, Tuitt, B.Jackson, Shembo..etc Beastly Defense! Thats 2 TOP5-10players in Tuitt and Nix, and a early to mid 1st in Te'o, and a 2nd-3rd in Jackson, and a 5th rd in Motta, and a 4th - 5th in Lewis Moore, and a late rd pick for Shembo.. Thats a D right there!

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I know the stats that still doesnt make him stack and shed well
    Hes a good prospect, and u guys are overreacting to his weakness of shedding blockers...

GA did not have a better D then ND! ND gave up 6pts to MICHIGAN and 3pts to MIAMI, 14 to BYU, 13 to OKLAHOMA, 10 to NAVY, and a combined 19 to W.FOREST, BC, and USC..etc ND's D was stellar this yr, and the main reason they went undefeated.. Oh ya, they gave up 13 to Stanford in OT! ND's D was sick! Nix, Motta, Lewis-Moore, Te'O, Tuitt, B.Jackson, Shembo..etc Beastly Defense! Thats 2 TOP5-10players in Tuitt and Nix, and a early to mid 1st in Te'o, and a 2nd-3rd in Jackson, and a 5th rd in Motta, and a 4th - 5th in Lewis Moore, and a late rd pick for Shembo.. Thats a D right there!
    ND defense was real good all season not sure why they decided not to tackle against Alabama. Plays were there to be made it seemed like everyone was just lunging and diving. No 1 wanted to get in front of Lacy or Yeldon. You have to want to tackle those guys they run so hard. Maybe the time off hurt the defense. I expected them to get killed by the Bama Defense. They were completely over matched on that side of the ball. I didnt think they would win but I didnt think Alabama would have 42 points . I figured 24 10 something like that

Hes a good prospect, and u guys are overreacting to his weakness of shedding blockers...
    Pretty sure shedding is the most important thing a linebacker can do.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Pretty sure shedding is the most important thing a linebacker can do.
    I have been watching tape of him and I don't get where you see he has a problem with shedding,,,NFL LB's have problems with shedding from time to time(look at ours),,,I think the point is that he has prototypical MLB size and speed,,,and has the frame to pack on more muscle. I respect your opinion but have to disagree,,,,I think with some coaching this kid could be very good, the kid can cover and he is good in run support,,,once he put weight on the shedding thing would disappear. This is why I don't see all the love for ansah,,,very raw,,but athletic,,but by no mans the player ogletree is. His tape against Alabama looked great this year,,,he belonged on the field with them unlike te'o.

Just look at how rarely he uses his arms. He doesn't shed. He runs away

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Wouldn't mind Te'o in the first, but not if we can take a top corner that's just as high on our board.
    Corner over DE and LB?

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

+ Reply to Thread