+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: GM Jerry Reese: Giants Will Interview Manti Teo At NFL Scouting Combine

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I can see the Giants drafting a CB over an LB.

This includes if our entire LBer corps were wiped out by a freak meteor shower.
    Giants have drafted more first round DBs last 6 years than DEs.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    There is nobody in this entire draft that's good now without additional coaching
    That seems like an overbroad statement.

This guy looked nothing near an NFL caliber LB vs Bama. He missed tackles, took bad angles, confused in pass coverage and couldn't shed blocks. No way this guy looks worth a number 1 pick. I like Ogletree considerably more.

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This kind of statement makes me want to pull my hair out. Georgia has a MUCH better defense than ND. It's not even a fair comparison. Ogletree made some good plays but was kept clean a fair amount.

I'm not trying to be a Te'o apologist.

At this point I'd say both Ogletree and Te'o are going to be overdrafted. 2nd round talents.
    Watch that video I posted. Many times Ogletree is in a one on one situation with Lacy and stops him dead in his tracks. Also shedding tackles and a non stop motor.

Te'O has a non stop motor, but in that Bama game missed the one on one tackles and got pushed around.

Same situations, different results. The rest of the players talents had no effect on these specific plays. Did you see Ogletree stuff Lacy at the line?! That was impressive. Ogletree is much faster and would be a perfect LB for the RG3 stuff.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Watch that video I posted. Many times Ogletree is in a one on one situation with Lacy and stops him dead in his tracks. Also shedding tackles and a non stop motor.

Te'O has a non stop motor, but in that Bama game missed the one on one tackles and got pushed around.

Same situations, different results. The rest of the players talents had no effect on these specific plays. Did you see Ogletree stuff Lacy at the line?! That was impressive. Ogletree is much faster and would be a perfect LB for the RG3 stuff.
    I like Ogletree over Teo as well.

Agree with others... I'll take Ogletree over Te'o in a heartbeat... I would love to get Ogletree if we go linebacker... I also like Arthur Brown just not sure how well he can hold up against the run over the year. REALLY wish we could have landed Dont'a Hightower last year so we could finally have this position locked up.

It's worth noting that Alec Ogletree failed a drug test earlier last year and was suspended for the first 4 games as a result. That would mark his second suspension at Georgia.

He was also suspended for 1 game as a freshman for misdemeanor theft.

That doesn't sound like a guy we pick up in the 1st round.
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

It's worth noting that Alec Ogletree failed a drug test earlier last year and was suspended for the first 4 games as a result. That would mark his second suspension at Georgia.

And will probably be why he falls to the third or later. Especially if he has a mediocre Combine.

But I'd still take the chance on him .... Georgia has a ridiculous drug testing program (and a little pot never hurt anyone).

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    And will probably be why he falls to the third or later. Especially if he has a mediocre Combine.

But I'd still take the chance on him .... Georgia has a ridiculous drug testing program (and a little pot never hurt anyone).
    There is no chance in hell that Ogletree falls to the third.... "or later"??? Not sure if serious. I think he's going to shoot up the boards. The linebacker I REALLY wanted int his draft, CJ Mosley, has decided to return for his senior year, so Ogletree is next up for me.

You are right though, Georgia has the strictest drug discipline in the SEC (Kentucky may be right there with them).
    Last edited by BlueSabbath; 01-15-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Excellent point. I didn't know that.

+ Reply to Thread