+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: GM Jerry Reese: Giants Will Interview Manti Teo At NFL Scouting Combine

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    I was never high on this guy,,but do you think it had something to do with his awful performance, assuming he is telling the truth,,or was he just exposed,,or both? lol.
    Maybe?

Would you be distracted if you knew in a couple days the world was going to find out your girlfriend was make believe? I would think it would have to have some impact.

But I really dont know.

He did play worse than I expected, but was it that much worse, and was it because he was distracted?
    Last edited by slipknottin; 01-16-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Te'o sounds like a future Jet.. fits right in with all the nonsense
    Last edited by Carter.525; 01-16-2013 at 09:38 PM.

I would give my left kidney to sit in on his combine interviews.

wow, is all i can say! Te'o comes from my fave team and brought em back to prominance and now this? I'm sorry, Te'o is a toolbag and this is beyond fishy!

I'm telling you, these spoiled brat athletes these days are so undisciplined and looney, and it really has alot to do with how little discipline and politically correct u gotta be as parents and what not.. I mean, there becoming less fundamentally strong, coaches are crusified for being hard tough coaches nowadays and almost every good team has a scandal.. Its a freaking joke, and why i've lost some interest in sports, compared to when i was alittle younger...

The Media always put ND kids on a pedestal, and this time they got burned. They ran stories they didnt research. Now, they are actually running with the story that this was a "hoax." rather than eat crow.

Good teams know, they do their research:

Quinn lacked accuracy, the media had him as a possible top 10 pick then acted like GMs were morons for passing on him on draft day. They all hailed the Browns as Brilliant for picking him where they did.

The media over hyped Clausen too. They completely ignored multiple reports that he was extremely unpopular in the locker room and on generally disliked by a ton of people who once played with him going back to high school.

Now, they heaped more college defensive awards on Te'o than anyone ever. Thats right Te'o is the most decorated college defensive player of ALL TIME.
    It isnt deserved. He isnt even the best defensive player in college football this year, let alone all time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    The Media always put ND kids on a pedestal, and this time they got burned. They ran stories they didnt research. Now, they are actually running with the story that this was a "hoax." rather than eat crow.

Good teams know, they do their research:

Quinn lacked accuracy, the media had him as a possible top 10 pick then acted like GMs were morons for passing on him on draft day. They all hailed the Browns as Brilliant for picking him where they did.

The media over hyped Clausen too. They completely ignored multiple reports that he was extremely unpopular in the locker room and on generally disliked by a ton of people who once played with him going back to high school.

Now, they heaped more college defensive awards on Te'o than anyone ever. Thats right Te'o is the most decorated college defensive player of ALL TIME.
    It isnt deserved. He isnt even the best defensive player in college football this year, let alone all time.
    Well, i don't think ND somehow changes perspective on players, as its how they perform on the field that gets there draft stock and what not.. Even if notre dame hyped kids, which they don't, as just about every kid they get that is hyped, is wanted by about 30other schools, it woulden't matter, becuase colleges try and hype there kids at prodays and what not, and it dosen't matter... Clausen was extremely high ranked QB coming out, and i don't think ND hyped em? He was a heck of a college player, and there was no doubt about it..

Look at all the hyped kids over the past few yrs that do nothing in the pros? Its not just claussen and Quinn.. Te'o had a ridiculous season and brought his team to the championship game behind a huge statistical season, and hes put up big statistical seasons basically since arriving, and yes ND is the Yankees or celtics of college football, so when they get back to prominance, of course a player u can give attention to on that team is gonna get it, and i believe Te'o deserved all the credit he was given for on the field play, and will be a stud pro, even if this story is dispicable and grotesque! Te'o is a heck of a player, another words.. hence, why he was at the Heisman finals...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Well, i don't think ND somehow changes perspective on players, as its how they perform on the field that gets there draft stock and what not.. Even if notre dame hyped kids, which they don't, as just about every kid they get that is hyped, is wanted by about 30other schools, it woulden't matter, becuase colleges try and hype there kids at prodays and what not, and it dosen't matter... Clausen was extremely high ranked QB coming out, and i don't think ND hyped em? He was a heck of a college player, and there was no doubt about it..

Look at all the hyped kids over the past few yrs that do nothing in the pros? Its not just claussen and Quinn.. Te'o had a ridiculous season and brought his team to the championship game behind a huge statistical season, and hes put up big statistical seasons basically since arriving, and yes ND is the Yankees or celtics of college football, so when they get back to prominance, of course a player u can give attention to on that team is gonna get it, and i believe Te'o deserved all the credit he was given for on the field play, and will be a stud pro, even if this story is dispicable and grotesque! Te'o is a heck of a player, another words.. hence, why he was at the Heisman finals...
    Lets get 2 things clear: I am not bashing ND nor am I saying Te'o is a bad player. He does deserve to eat it on this story tho.

This is pretty bad and in no way a hoax. You telling me he didnt know it was a hoax when they ran that ESPN special on that story just a few weeks ago? He only came up with "hoax" when the story was uncovered recently. NY media would have a field day with this kid on that story, they would eat his lunch.

I do not blame ND. I blame the media. Keep in mind ND has 1 of the best media schools in the country. You simply cannot deny the level of overhype that the players there sometimes get. The media tends to latch onto 1 kid and run every possible.

You mentioned the Heisman voting which only PROVES my point. You realize he got more votes than any defense only player ever? Who votes for the heisman I ask you? That's right, the media does. Can you seriously say Te'o this year deserved more votes than Suh did a couple years ago? He had a good season, no doubt. But denying his hype level is/was too high only makes people look biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Why would the MLB at Notre Dame a presumed 1st rd pick need to have a GF over the internet
    The whole idea that he was duped unknowingly doesn't make any sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    The world isnt all black and white... We dont even have the complete story yet.

And Im pretty sure making up a story about how a gf died, isnt "really evil".
    If you make up a story about a fake girlfriend dying to get publicity you are very, very strange and demented but not necessarily evil.

+ Reply to Thread