+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: GM Jerry Reese: Giants Will Interview Manti Teo At NFL Scouting Combine

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    He is either extremely guilty or the stupidest person alive. Either way it's not looking good for him.
    The league is full of stupid guilty people.

At least Te'o gets to be one or the other.

Oh I think there was very real possibility he would go top 10 prior to all this. Of course we haven't had the combine yet and if he runs a 4.8/40 then he was never going to be drafted that high. But the guy had all the momentum in the world before the title game. It's been a bad few weeks for him and its only gonna get worse.

Oh I think there was very real possibility he would go top 10 prior to all this. Of course we haven't had the combine yet and if he runs a 4.8/40 then he was never going to be drafted that high. But the guy had all the momentum in the world before the title game. It's been a bad few weeks for him and its only gonna get worse.
    He only had momentum in the media. NFL scouts/teams never thought he was a top 10 talent.

""That crazy stuff you heard earlier about him being a top-five pick, that was all hype," said the NFC scout. "That's the TV, media, Notre Dame-driven hype. Inside linebackers, even great ones, don't go that high. Unless you're the next **** Butkus or Ray Lewis and he's not that. He's not even as good as Jerod Mayo." Most NFL people consider Te'o a late first- to second-round talent"

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    The league is full of stupid guilty people.

At least Te'o gets to be one or the other.
    Normally stupid behavior from a college student comes in the form of smoking pot, or getting drunk in public or getting in a fight. This is beyond that stuff IMO. A MLB is typically the QB for the defense or at least one of the defensive leaders. If he was complicit in this scheme then he's not a guy you can trust or would want to follow, and if he was really duped then he's an idiot. Either way do you want this guy as the QB of your defense? I say no. But others will certainly disagree.

Assuming how gullible he can potentially be, one would imagine that a few teams would feel responsible for babysitting him so he doesn't fall into any more trouble like this. Just for his own good, I'd prefer he ends up in a smaller market area and away from a place like New York.

Normally stupid behavior from a college student comes in the form of smoking pot, or getting drunk in public or getting in a fight. This is beyond that stuff IMO. A MLB is typically the QB for the defense or at least one of the defensive leaders. If he was complicit in this scheme then he's not a guy you can trust or would want to follow, and if he was really duped then he's an idiot. Either way do you want this guy as the QB of your defense? I say no. But others will certainly disagree.
    Or having 10 kids, or robbing banks.

Yea, making up a story about a gf is a far worse crime....

Oh wait, its not a crime at all.

He only had momentum in the media. NFL scouts/teams never thought he was a top 10 talent.

""That crazy stuff you heard earlier about him being a top-five pick, that was all hype," said the NFC scout. "That's the TV, media, Notre Dame-driven hype. Inside linebackers, even great ones, don't go that high. Unless you're the next **** Butkus or Ray Lewis and he's not that. He's not even as good as Jerod Mayo." Most NFL people consider Te'o a late first- to second-round talent"
    Kiper still had him at 8 yesterday IIRC. Not to say Kiper would be right, but I've seen other mocks with him in the top 10 as well. Obviously this is not an exact science. Ray Lewis wasn't Ray Lewis when he was drafted...25 teams passed on him.

Kiper still had him at 8 yesterday IIRC. Not to say Kiper would be right, but I've seen other mocks with him in the top 10 as well. Obviously this is not an exact science. Ray Lewis wasn't Ray Lewis when he was drafted...25 teams passed on him.
    Exactly. The media.

Actual scouts/nfl people have never thought he was a top 10 pick.

Or having 10 kids, or robbing banks.

Yea, making up a story about a gf is a far worse crime....

Oh wait, its not a crime at all.
    So your saying because it's not a crime that it's okay? That this behavior shouldn't be considered when a team drafts him? The guy made up a girl, then killed her. Then played it up in the media to further his cause (allegedly). That's ----ed up. This is a guy you want as a main cog on your team?

College kids have sex and sometimes have children out of wedlock...but really that could happen to anybody. This is on a different level. This is something that most people wouldn't do. He has some deep-seeded issues going on.

Exactly. The media.

Actual scouts/nfl people have never thought he was a top 10 pick.
    And you know this...how? Because one scout said something? Im not saying he definately was a top 10 pick, but saying something is definative based on something one scout on one team said is foolish. Maybe other scouts feel differently. Frankly I think discussing this stuff before the combine is silly anyway, but here we are. I think we can agree that this scandal is going to hurt him.

+ Reply to Thread