+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast

Thread: GM Jerry Reese: Giants Will Interview Manti Teo At NFL Scouting Combine

I think we need to draft OLine first and LB second
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by hungrrrry View Post
    our struggles in those areas are largely due to the weakness we have at LB. We are losing Osi, who in my opinion is the better player of him and Tuck (Tuck lost his passion and has health concerns)...I would prefer to see Kiwi on the line and I wouldn't hate the way-outside chance we retain Osi and trade Tuck. Osi worries me less than Tuck these days and I think Tuck has become a cancer in the locker room, just a feeling I get.
    I don't see how Blackburn or Herzlich's lack of sideline to sideline speed affects our pass rush or the breakdown in coverages that Webster/Rolle had on a consistent basis. I can understand and sympathize with everyone wanting a better LBer corp because of how awesome the 80s defense was but our biggest struggles this year were actually against more pass oriented teams like the Bengals, Falcons, and Ravens. We did pretty good against the read option this year with the exception of the 1st Redskins game.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    u got a link of ogeltree vs bama? from the admittedly little ive seen from ogeltree, theres no way id want him at 19. i have serious doubts he can come in and be mlb for us day 1...he needs to get much bigger/wider imo otherwise he'll get handled by the OLs in the NFL. the stuff i have seen on ogeltree, when an OL gets their hands on him, hes done for the play so...
    Weight is less of an issue. Ogletree's complete inability to stack and shed is a far more serious issue.

Ogletree is a weakside linebacker at the nfl right now. Run and chase where he doesnt have to take on and shed blockers.

Knowing the giants they will draft on DLine first
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by bansaw View Post
    if he bites that hard on an internet troll just imagine what a NFL playaction will do to him
    You do have to Wonderlic lol
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I don't see how Blackburn or Herzlich's lack of sideline to sideline speed affects our pass rush or the breakdown in coverages that Webster/Rolle had on a consistent basis. I can understand and sympathize with everyone wanting a better LBer corp because of how awesome the 80s defense was but our biggest struggles this year were actually against more pass oriented teams like the Bengals, Falcons, and Ravens. We did pretty good against the read option this year with the exception of the 1st Redskins game.
    and we struggled against those passing teams because instead of sending the rush we are dropping DEs into coverage giving even more time to QBs to make a play or even run a draw which ate us up also. Sure, we took Newtons game away from him but Griffin had better skills and more success...I wouldn't say we did well against read "option" in that regard. Our defense was too easily "read-able". if we had LB's that could handle the TE consistently we could send our line..I could almost hear even the least capable QBs laughing as our DEs would drop into coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by hungrrrry View Post
    and we struggled against those passing teams because instead of sending the rush we are dropping DEs into coverage giving even more time to QBs to make a play or even run a draw which ate us up also. Sure, we took Newtons game away from him but Griffin had better skills and more success...I wouldn't say we did well against read "option" in that regard. Our defense was too easily "read-able". if we had LB's that could handle the TE consistently we could send our line..I could almost hear even the least capable QBs laughing as our DEs would drop into coverage.
    They didnt drop DEs that much. They did use the DEs to jam the TE however.

But Im not sure that would change with better LB play. Thats a big part of Fewell's scheme.

And there really are very few LBs in the league anymore who are capable of covering TEs. Really you have to use a safety on them

If the BPA is a LB, I'm all for it. Personally though, I think OL, D-line, and CB are more dire needs.
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    If the BPA is a LB, I'm all for it. Personally though, I think OL, D-line, and CB are more dire needs.
    Agree. They are not only more dire for us at this moment, they are more critical in general for overall success than a LB.

Without a dominant or near-dominant OL and DL, other "star" players in skill positions are more often than not neutralized or are not enough to win games. Conversely, dominant lines, on both sides of the ball, can ensure wins with mediocre-good skill players on the field.

Always was, always will be. Amen

+ Reply to Thread