+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast

Thread: GM Jerry Reese: Giants Will Interview Manti Teo At NFL Scouting Combine

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Weight is less of an issue. Ogletree's complete inability to stack and shed is a far more serious issue.

Ogletree is a weakside linebacker at the nfl right now. Run and chase where he doesnt have to take on and shed blockers.
    wow so i wasnt wrong. thats what i thought, and its why id be upset if we picked him at 19...he could become an awesome lb i just dunno how quickly and we kinda need more ready prospects imo

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    He's not supposed to be a day 1 starter because of exactly what you said but there's no reason a 6'3/6'4 linebacker can't add more weight with only 235 on him at the moment. Don't forget that the great Ray Lewis entered the league on the light side too.

im seeing why people r intrigued with him. hes actually kinda what wed need imo. hes a converted safety with tremendous athleticism who can rush the edge too...he could end up being our counter to the spread options

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I think they prefer the front four approach now because of the more mobile QB's. But you have to have impact players which we were missing last season.

Jacquian Williams, if healthy, will help this season. As could Rivers if he can get healthy
    For Rivers that is a big IF RF !

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    im seeing why people r intrigued with him. hes actually kinda what wed need imo. hes a converted safety with tremendous athleticism who can rush the edge too...he could end up being our counter to the spread options
    He just cant shed blocks. Look at how he runs around with his hands always at his sides. Even when near OL. The total opposite of active hands.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    He just cant shed blocks. Look at how he runs around with his hands always at his sides. Even when near OL. The total opposite of active hands.
    dont get me wrong. i agree with ur thinking and feel the same and have stated it. i was accosted by some random poster bc i stated what u did in a more subtle way. but i do see some of the intrigue. the athleticism is off the charts, he looks like he could be awesome in coverage...urlacher was a converted safety to mlb...just saying its not like its a set thing hes gonna go one way or the other in terms of success

i wouldnt be too happy drafting him at 19. if we could move back and get an extra 2nd or 3rd and grab him later then itd change things obviously

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    I know that...But mid-late,wich he is....But everyones opinon suddenly went from him being next Ray Lewis & all a sudden hes a bum that nobody wants (aside from the GF thing).....Lets be honest, %99 of the boards before the alabama game wouldve sacraficed their childern to have a shot at Teo....
    Guess I'm the 1%.

Ogletree is way better and played a lot tougher competition.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    you watched one game and made a decision without looking at the other 4 years of tape. seriously? you should take mel kipers job, you are more than qualified.

sorry for the sarcasm but this is ridiculous now.
    Did I say that?

I live in the Chicago market.....we get nonstop ND coverage out here. They covered everything about him - except the make believe girlfriend he rode all the way though the Heisman competition.

Fact is, the kid was blown out against the same sort of blocking he'll be seeing in the NFL.....it was the biggest game of his collegiate career, and he was invisible. Great players come up in big games. I frankly couldn't care how many tackles he had against Wake Forest.

If he played in the SEC, he'd likely be considered a mid-range linebacker. So, no, I'd much rather take a dude like Ogletree that saw SEC running games on a weekly basis.....at least we can get a read on what we can expect against top-level competition.

Maybe the Combine will salvage his stock, but like I said, it hasn't been a good month.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 01-21-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,

- Emlen Tunnell

Veteran

GM Jerry Reese: Giants Will Interview Manti Teo At NFL Scouting Combine

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/...uting-combine/

You think this is a move to make other teams think the Giants will draft him? maybe Reese hopes to make other teams think about this move and maybe take T'eo early so Reese can get the guy he is really after in the draft.

I think it's a front so other teams can take him early but just my thought on that topic.

Thoughts?

Veteran
    it doesn't mean anything, he will interview many other players as well.

+ Reply to Thread