+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Someone else I know said it best.

"He SHOULDN'T be a top 20 pick. He WILL be a top 20 pick."
    I wouldnt be so sure . Remember a couple years ago Brandon Spikes. First Rounder all year than he fell like a rock. That happens with LB's that arent pass rushers. That game really opened my eyes. If T'eo struggles stacking , shedding and tackling than what is left
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-10-2013 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Teo did not impress me, although I think Notre Dame's D line was who really got abused. I think that the Giants may want to go with a CB or DE in the first round. If we resign Beatty and you believe that Brewer is ready to step up on the right side then we can get a solid Guard in the second or third round or FA. I think we can score a solid MLB in the 2nd or 3rd round...
    there's absolutely zero indication that Brewer is ready to step on the right side, I believe the guys lucky to be on the team after watching him attempt to block 3rd string DEs from Jacksonville in preseason..

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    there's absolutely zero indication that Brewer is ready to step on the right side, I believe the guys lucky to be on the team after watching him attempt to block 3rd string DEs from Jacksonville in preseason..
    I would agree I wouldnt say he has shown enough to win that job yet. Giants may give him the job in preseason and bring back Locklear just in case he cant hold it.

I still think the Giants have to leave this draft with a highly talented Pass Rusher. It doesnt necessarily have to be a traditional DE.The Giants wont have an edge rusher on this roster if Osi leaves. This isnt just about next year either. Its about getting a guy in here for the future as well. I dont this team is competing for a Super Bowl next season,with the schedule they should compete for the playoffs though. They need to get a guy in here now so 2014 isnt a disaster.This defense has some trouble. They need a starting Corner and a Pass Rusher first and foremost.

i am a huge ND fan and saw alot of teo. you cant take one bad game and say he isn't good. this guy is a stud and if he is there at 19 and giants dont take him i woud be pissed. he can play and lb postion
    FUTURE NFL STAR

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I wouldnt be so sure . Remember a couple years ago Brandon Spikes. First Rounder all year than he fell like a rock. That happens with LB's that arent pass rushers. That game really opened my eyes. If T'eo struggles stacking , shedding and tackling than what is left
    It's all about the Combine.

Teo missed tackles, couldn't shed blocks and got burned in pass defense vs Bama. Sounds just like the kinda guy were looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeystays08 View Post
    Teo missed tackles, couldn't shed blocks and got burned in pass defense vs Bama. Sounds just like the kinda guy were looking for!
    hush your little mouth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post

He was doing things that Te'O just could not do vs Bama.
    This kind of statement makes me want to pull my hair out. Georgia has a MUCH better defense than ND. It's not even a fair comparison. Ogletree made some good plays but was kept clean a fair amount.

I'm not trying to be a Te'o apologist.

At this point I'd say both Ogletree and Te'o are going to be overdrafted. 2nd round talents.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This kind of statement makes me want to pull my hair out. Georgia has a MUCH better defense than ND. It's not even a fair comparison. Ogletree made some good plays but was kept clean a fair amount.

I'm not trying to be a Te'o apologist.

At this point I'd say both Ogletree and Te'o are going to be overdrafted. 2nd round talents.
    Yeah the 2 Big DT's that Georgia has helps out Ogletree a lot.

Wouldn't mind Te'o in the first, but not if we can take a top corner that's just as high on our board.