+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    My opinion.... Dude has 1 SACK. I know he's a linebacker but all you could muster up is one sack?? His tackles are not all that great either. Last but not least that whole front7 is good at ND. I wonder if he is just that good cause of the others. When he went against elite talent he struggled in the run game. He's great in pass defense but that is not what WE need when RG3 is in our division. We need a sound tackler and a linebacker that is good at getting pressure on the qb, which he is not. ....
    not sure which games your watching, but Te’o is the complete package at inside linebacker,,he's not asked to pressure the Qb in notre dames defense,,he is an all around backer..a side line to side line backer who can tackle and cover,,this guy might be only the second defensive player to ever win the Heisman,,there are only 2 players on the nation's top 5 defenses that made the top 100 in tackles this season,,and teo is one of them,,,the guys with lots of tackles per game predominately played on terrible defenses,,,,I would gladly take him with open arms.

as per draftreport http://draftreport.wordpress.com/

As a run stopper, Te’o has excellent instincts, shows great burst in getting to the ball carrier, and delivers a punishing blow when he makes contact. His athleticism is evident against the cut block, where he shows a consistent ability to extend his arms and push his lower body out and away from the block, leaving him free to pursue. He sheds blocks consistently and fills the gap quickly, rarely getting run over by a runner at the point of attack.
    In pass coverage, he shows the hip fluidity you want to see in a potential top-10 pick, and he seems just as comfortable lined up against a back or TE as he is in zone coverage. The same burst and instincts that make him such an effective run-stopper are also present in coverage, allowing him to break on the ball and make big plays in pass defense.
    As a pass rusher, Te’o doesn’t possess the quiver of moves that you would see out of a pure sack-master, but especially for an inside backer, he’s got a more-than-adequate skill set when it comes to getting after the passer. Inside backers are often brought in on delayed blitzes, and Te’o shines in this scenario. His explosiveness makes him a tough task for any offensive lineman trying to adjust to pick him up on the blitz.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_HOF_NYG View Post
    not sure which games your watching, but Teo is the complete package at inside linebacker,,he's not asked to pressure the Qb in notre dames defense,,he is an all around backer..a side line to side line backer who can tackle and cover,,this guy might be only the second defensive player to ever win the Heisman,,there are only 2 players on the nation's top 5 defenses that made the top 100 in tackles this season,,and teo is one of them,,,the guys with lots of tackles per game predominately played on terrible defenses,,,,I would gladly take him with open arms.

as per draftreport http://draftreport.wordpress.com/

As a run stopper, Teo has excellent instincts, shows great burst in getting to the ball carrier, and delivers a punishing blow when he makes contact. His athleticism is evident against the cut block, where he shows a consistent ability to extend his arms and push his lower body out and away from the block, leaving him free to pursue. He sheds blocks consistently and fills the gap quickly, rarely getting run over by a runner at the point of attack.
    In pass coverage, he shows the hip fluidity you want to see in a potential top-10 pick, and he seems just as comfortable lined up against a back or TE as he is in zone coverage. The same burst and instincts that make him such an effective run-stopper are also present in coverage, allowing him to break on the ball and make big plays in pass defense.
    As a pass rusher, Teo doesnt possess the quiver of moves that you would see out of a pure sack-master, but especially for an inside backer, hes got a more-than-adequate skill set when it comes to getting after the passer. Inside backers are often brought in on delayed blitzes, and Teo shines in this scenario. His explosiveness makes him a tough task for any offensive lineman trying to adjust to pick him up on the blitz.
    That is your opinion to ME if we are going to move up and draft a linebacker give me Jarvis Jones. Please stop trying to make it sound as if I don't watch games that crap is getting old.

Is Jarvis Jones and ILB?

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue 56 View Post
    Is Jarvis Jones and ILB?
    OLB ILB...I don't care I would just rather have him dude is a beast and has the speed to keep up with RG3.

We need an ILB and not worry about a QB we face 2 times a year.

He's really not all that great...I'd rather have Jarvis Jones.
    Good chance Jarvis Jones wont get cleared by Giants doctors.He has Spinal Stenosis,USC doctors wouldnt clear him thats how he ended up at Georgia. Plus im Confused ,u say u dont want a DE but U say u want a LB that would primarily play DE if he was on the Giants.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-07-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Would not mind at all since this guy can really help out the Giants defence

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue 56 View Post
    We need an ILB and not worry about a QB we face 2 times a year.
    Yeah cause that worked out well for us this year??

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Good chance Jarvis Jones wont get cleared by Giants doctors.He has Spinal Stenosis,USC doctors wouldnt clear him thats how he ended up at Georgia. Plus im Confused ,u say u dont want a DE but U say u want a LB that would primarily play DE if he was on the Giants.
    Yeah cause to me Linebackers are better instincts at stopping the run. DE usually are just looking for sacks not saying but most are. So yeah I would want a stud linebacker. Also why not look at Demarcus Ware he is a beast. Who's to say if we draft a linebacker that they wouldn't be either??

Yeah cause that worked out well for us this year??
    What game did you watch RG3 didnt beat us there running back did. Most of there runs were up the middle. We cant stop the run at all with this linebacker group. Chase is serviceable but slow to the edge Kiwi is a DE. Boley is just horrible this year hes regressing in the worst way.