+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    It might hurt him a little, but lying about a gf is petty stuff really. Look at the guys with 20 kids out of college, or the ones who rob banks.

That bowl game performance was far worse for his draft stock than this story.

Of course the bigger question is... when teams interview him, and they have the psychologists there, do they find out hes an insane person, or if hes normal and just caught up in some nonsense and lies.
    Sorry, but no "normal" person does that. The question is, is his abnormality enough to affect his play?

Next You'll probably hear his grandmother didn't even die of natural causes. Think about it, she was 72, died from an "extended illnes." I'm calling slow doses of cyanide poisoning. It was a very popular method from HBO's "Autopsy" with Dr. Michael Baden....Infact somebody should get him on the case

I dunno, I feel like Teo would be happy for us to think he was in on it. It seems to me he's bad with women, met a girl online (so he thought), made up stories about their relationship so it didn't seem like B.S., and then it all blew up in his face. Their initial "meeting" or interaction on Twitter (his response of 'nice to meet you ma'am) vs the tale he told about meeting her in person at a game kinda plays towards that. It's the classic kid making up that he has a g/f in another state but on a grander scale and involves a fake internet profile. Someone goofed on him, couldn't believe he baught it, took it to the limits and then faked the girls death to end it. That (absurd as it may be) is equally, if not more, plausible than Teo being in on it. That's why he's embarrassed. He was telling a lie about a relationship with someone he never really met. Unfortunately for.him she never really existed. And was a dude LOL. Poor guy, really. Especially now with people categorizing him as "evil" when he's more an ignorant innocent. Maybe we can grab him.in the third now....lol

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    I dunno, I feel like Teo would be happy for us to think he was in on it. It seems to me he's bad with women, met a girl online (so he thought), made up stories about their relationship so it didn't seem like B.S., and then it all blew up in his face. Their initial "meeting" or interaction on Twitter (his response of 'nice to meet you ma'am) vs the tale he told about meeting her in person at a game kinda plays towards that. It's the classic kid making up that he has a g/f in another state but on a grander scale and involves a fake internet profile. Someone goofed on him, couldn't believe he baught it, took it to the limits and then faked the girls death to end it. That (absurd as it may be) is equally, if not more, plausible than Teo being in on it. That's why he's embarrassed. He was telling a lie about a relationship with someone he never really met. Unfortunately for.him she never really existed. And was a dude LOL. Poor guy, really. Especially now with people categorizing him as "evil" when he's more an ignorant innocent. Maybe we can grab him.in the third now....lol
    That's a great point. If he was actually in on it, you'd think he could atleast get the story straight of initial inter action...You're probably right on the money

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    It's really not out of the realm of possibility but since webcams are so easy and cheap to acquire these days to "prove" the validity of your a/s/l, now we have to ask ourselves if Te'o is THAT ignorant to not at least ask for more substantial proof than the word of some random stranger on the interwebz.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    The whole idea that he was duped unknowingly doesn't make any sense at all.
    This is one of the bigger problems and holes in this whole story. That doesn't even constitute a girlfriend. And, as Enigma said is he really that ignorant? This whole story stinks to high heaven and really disappoints me to think that someone that seemed so classy could be this naive or involved in something so...weird.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 01-16-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    It's really not out of the realm of possibility but since webcams are so easy and cheap to acquire these days to "prove" the validity of your a/s/l, now we have to ask ourselves if Te'o is THAT ignorant to not at least ask for more substantial proof than the word of some random stranger on the interwebz.
    hes samoan! i rest my case

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks he was legitimately hoaxed? The show Catfish on MTV follows cases like this all the time. There's always an excuse of why the other person can't meet or doesn't have a webcam. Idk all the details but he seems like he's truthful.

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks he was legitimately hoaxed? The show Catfish on MTV follows cases like this all the time. There's always an excuse of why the other person can't meet or doesn't have a webcam. Idk all the details but he seems like he's truthful.
    i was going to mention the show Catfish from MTV but me and you our probably the only guys who are young enough to watch MTV

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    I have a hard time believing that a guy that most likely can have any girl at Notre dame, got soo emotionally attached to a girl over the internet....you can't be all there in the head to truthfully get into a situation like that