+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    You guys are brutal. Crucifying this kid based on circumstantial evidence. I really don't wanna be 'that guy' on a message board, but my buddy had a similar thing happen through an online video game. She sent him pics, they talked on the phone, and then every time they were supposed to meet something happened. Now, imagine my buddy is Teo, or any other college player. Friends ask if he has a girl or he's talking to anyone. What's the star LB supposed to say? "I met a girl through Twitter and we talk on the phone and I'm really falling for her"? That would go over REAL well with 20 year old jocks. So he embellished. Made up a story or 2. Then it started to gain legs. And now there's 2 people caught up in this mess: Teo with his 'girlfriend' he never met and then whoever is pretending to be this girl. Both parties now need to scramble for different reasons before it gets out of control (too late, I guess). So Teo runs with the story of the meetings and such because in his mind she's real, they're making an emotional connection, they're bound to REALLY meet so it'll be ok. The 'girl' is in disbelief that its gotten so far, that Teos buying it, and now he's talking about her in the media. Well she doesn't exist, might as well kill her off. That way Teo won't contact her, won't feel like he 'blew it'...its clean now with just a little collateral damage of his emotions. Not only is that believeable its very plausible. Much more so than 2 kids plotting this and keeping it up for so long with literally no one else knowing about it. I can't see this being deliberate on Teos end at all. I mean, I COULD, but that honestly seems a lot more fantastical than the story I painted above. Name me a group of college kids you've met who could pull that off. Granted the story got blown up so they technically didn't, but still, they would of had to know the cancer angle from the start AND Teo would have to have played great because of it for the case to be made that he was in on it. That's absurd to think all those pieces could fall into place because Teo and his buddies had a plan to get media attention.

Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    That's absurd to think all those pieces could fall into place because Teo and his buddies had a plan to get media attention.
    Well, so far all the actual facts are pointing in that direction. Time will tell though. But Te'o has already lied on this topic multiple times starting with his explanation of how they met and continuing on from there. So if it comes down to what we know as fact vs what Te'o says....well I dont believe liars.

You guys are brutal. Crucifying this kid based on circumstantial evidence. I really don't wanna be 'that guy' on a message board, but my buddy had a similar thing happen through an online video game. She sent him pics, they talked on the phone, and then every time they were supposed to meet something happened. Now, imagine my buddy is Teo, or any other college player. Friends ask if he has a girl or he's talking to anyone. What's the star LB supposed to say? "I met a girl through Twitter and we talk on the phone and I'm really falling for her"? That would go over REAL well with 20 year old jocks. So he embellished. Made up a story or 2. Then it started to gain legs. And now there's 2 people caught up in this mess: Teo with his 'girlfriend' he never met and then whoever is pretending to be this girl. Both parties now need to scramble for different reasons before it gets out of control (too late, I guess). So Teo runs with the story of the meetings and such because in his mind she's real, they're making an emotional connection, they're bound to REALLY meet so it'll be ok. The 'girl' is in disbelief that its gotten so far, that Teos buying it, and now he's talking about her in the media. Well she doesn't exist, might as well kill her off. That way Teo won't contact her, won't feel like he 'blew it'...its clean now with just a little collateral damage of his emotions. Not only is that believeable its very plausible. Much more so than 2 kids plotting this and keeping it up for so long with literally no one else knowing about it. I can't see this being deliberate on Teos end at all. I mean, I COULD, but that honestly seems a lot more fantastical than the story I painted above. Name me a group of college kids you've met who could pull that off. Granted the story got blown up so they technically didn't, but still, they would of had to know the cancer angle from the start AND Teo would have to have played great because of it for the case to be made that he was in on it. That's absurd to think all those pieces could fall into place because Teo and his buddies had a plan to get media attention.
    However you want to characterize it, there is no doubt that it is very strange behavior.

My theory is that he is gay and wanted to have a "girlfriend" to cover it up

Oh yeah, very strange indeed overall. I actually feel that the gay angle could play a part IF it turns out he was involved. And I mean, he clearly lied about things....there's no question about that. He wouldn't be in this mess if he didn't lie. However, my thinking is his lies were rooted in a 'truth' that was manufactured by someone else. As I stated previously, I think its the classic 'kid lies about having a girlfriend in another state that no ones ever met before' just on a much grander scale and with social media involved. The whole story is ridiculous no matter how it breaks. It's def got me interested lol. What'd Peyton say to Jeff Saturday on the sidelines? "Better than Desperate Housewives"? Indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I wouldn't. Alabama is basically an low end NFL caliber offense. And did you see how they abused him?

Give me Ogletree
    ditto

Starter
    Te'o seems very mentally unstable. I think that's why he was so absent (LOL FAKE GF JOKE HERE) from the BCS game. You could tell he was distraught by something and I think this whole Catfish episode is probably a key factor for it. Can't take the head games in the NFL, you won't be successful.

Especially if Kevin Garnett came from nowhere and told him his dead girlfriend tasted like honey nut cheerios.

I would love if Ogletree slipped because of a drug suspension. Pot is slowly getting legalized. It really isnt a big deal anymore. I understand it is breaking the law, but still.... If Ogletree is there at 19, it is almost a must by us fans, not sure if Jerry "I hate Linebackers" Reese would think so though. I would think Te'o falls out of the 1st round now after this story broke. Making up dead girlfriends to get coverage and attention?

Te'o could be this years Vontez Burfect.
    NFL Fantasy Football Lineup:

QB - Michael Vick
    RB - Adrian Peterson
    RB - Ray Rice
    WR- Josh Gordon
    WR- Justin Blackmon
    TE - Aaron Hernandez
    RB/WR- Le'Veon Bell
    K - Matt Prater
    D/ST - 49ers

Owner - Jim Irsay
    GM - ??????

I would love if Ogletree slipped because of a drug suspension. Pot is slowly getting legalized. It really isnt a big deal anymore. I understand it is breaking the law, but still.... If Ogletree is there at 19, it is almost a must by us fans, not sure if Jerry "I hate Linebackers" Reese would think so though. I would think Te'o falls out of the 1st round now after this story broke. Making up dead girlfriends to get coverage and attention?Te'o could be this years Vontez Burfect.
    Dude, imagine if we got Ogletree in the first and then Teo in like the 5th or 6th? I'd call that a huge win for Reese.

Te'o could be this years Vontez Burfect.
    That's the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard. Te'o is the best Linebacker in this draft and will be drafted in the low 20s at the latest.

Dude, imagine if we got Ogletree in the first and then Teo in like the 5th or 6th? I'd call that a huge win for Reese.
    You forgot to use red font. Anyone who has ever seen the show Catfish realizes that what happened to Te'o goes on daily. At worse, I believe Te'o slowly started to realize it was fake but went along with it because of the obvious attention it would bring. But in reality I think he was just duped. Still a phenomenal linebacker.