+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    You know what this story does do? Gets the giants/ND fans off Reese's back when he passes on Te'o in the first.

He very well might have anyway, but fans would have ripped him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    if he does fall i dunno how jr could pass on him if hes going by bpa...depends on the board but he was a potential top 5 pick...
    Because we don't place that high a value on LBs.

I think we're going DL or OL this year.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Thats what I think too, but there are still some questions. Like who did he talk to on the phone, who did he tweet to that he met after the stanford game, etc etc.
    Trying to piece things together as we all are.....my dad mentioned hearing something about how he did actually meet a girl or saw her at a charity event or something along those lines and was told later that it was Kekua. From there the online relationship spawned. Theres an article on ESPN now that I literally just skimmed where a teammate talks about how she was never really his girlfriend, but that Teo played up that angle which is sort of along the lines of our mutual belief. Assuming Im reading the article correctly anyway.

He probably would have been there for them anyway. His hype is ridiculous. He is not a top 5 top 10 pick, just not. Hes a mid to late 1st, possibly an early 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Because we don't place that high a value on LBs.

I think we're going DL or OL this year.
    Disagree, they do place a high value on LBs, but in what recent draft was there a LB who was better than who they picked early?

Veteran
    The Giants like to keep things quiet, they don't like controversy, so they won't draft him even if he's there.

^as far as who he talked to I can't say based on what we know, but my gut is saying Tuiosasopo (?) told Teo "hey, remember that cute girl you saw/met briefly? Yeah, she's into you. Hit her up online" etc etc and then it just blew UP.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Disagree, they do place a high value on LBs, but in what recent draft was there a LB who was better than who they picked early?
    True. I guess I'm just basing that on how they've treated the position lately in FA/late round draft picks. But, either way, I think JR places value more on DE/CB (Secondary) for defense in 1st round.

He was a fringe top 12 pick before this happened. People were talking top 10 for him at one point, but he was exposed a bit in the national championship game. If this story is true he will drop like a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    True. I guess I'm just basing that on how they've treated the position lately in FA/late round draft picks. But, either way, I think JR places value more on DE/CB (Secondary) for defense in 1st round.
    Well you pretty much have to in the new NFL, though with the option making such a presence, LBs will become more valuable.

I mean if you look through the recent drafts, really the only time the giants 'passed' on a LB in the first two rounds was in 2010, when they took JPP over Weatherspoon, and Linval over Daryl Washington.

But the giants got an all-pro DE, and a very good DT. So its hard to fault them for that.

Last draft you could sort of make the argument that they could have taken a LB instead of Wilson, but there wasent a LB taken until 14 picks later, so half a round. And then 4 of them went right before the giants got to pick in the 2nd.