+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    He was a fringe top 12 pick before this happened. People were talking top 10 for him at one point, but he was exposed a bit in the national championship game. If this story is true he will drop like a rock.
    Not really. 8 was probably his max ceiling. Now his ceiling is probably 19/20.

If he doesnt go to the bills at 8, he probably doesnt get another look until 19 with the giants, then the bears at 20.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Disagree, they do place a high value on LBs, but in what recent draft was there a LB who was better than who they picked early?
    U have a point ,Jacquain Williams looked pretty promising his rookie year.Couple guys I like in this draft although U might have to reach some to get them

Well you pretty much have to in the new NFL, though with the option making such a presence, LBs will become more valuable.
    Yeah, we'll probably see LBs like JWill or tweener LB/S becoming hotter.

Well you pretty much have to in the new NFL, though with the option making such a presence, LBs will become more valuable.

I mean if you look through the recent drafts, really the only time the giants 'passed' on a LB in the first two rounds was in 2010, when they took JPP over Weatherspoon, and Linval over Daryl Washington.

But the giants got an all-pro DE, and a very good DT. So its hard to fault them for that.

Last draft you could sort of make the argument that they could have taken a LB instead of Wilson, but there wasent a LB taken until 14 picks later, so half a round. And then 4 of them went right before the giants got to pick in the 2nd.
    Think they reached that many picks with Wilson anyway

Ogletree is probably the best non pass rushing LB in the class although he doesnt shed very well. He has everything U could want in terms of athletic ability

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    U have a point ,Jacquain Williams looked pretty promising his rookie year.Couple guys I like in this draft although U might have to reach some to get them
    I would bet there is a run on LBs early-mid 2nd round. Te'o, Minter, Ogletree, Brown, Greene, maybe Sean Porter. Some of those guys may go late 1st, but thats the range where all of them belong.

Had the giants been drafting 32 this year, I would have been fine with taking any of those guys, but at 19, I think it may be too early. And they may all be gone by their 2nd rounder

Not really. 8 was probably his max ceiling. Now his ceiling is probably 19/20.

If he doesnt go to the bills at 8, he probably doesnt get another look until 19 with the giants, then the bears at 20.
    I think he drops lower. It's possible he gets snapped up mid to late first, but I think this story is going to get much worse for him.

Disagree, they do place a high value on LBs, but in what recent draft was there a LB who was better than who they picked early?
    In order to answer that question, I'd have to go through 20 or more drafts slip!
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    I think he drops lower. It's possible he gets snapped up mid to late first, but I think this story is going to get much worse for him.
    Right, thats why I said ceiling. I always thought he was a mid-late 1st rounder, now its possible he goes early 2nd. Not like he will go undrafted or something nutty.

He is either extremely guilty or the stupidest person alive. Either way it's not looking good for him.