+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Well the cards FB says this is actually a real person which is even stranger. Did he meet someone at the game in 2011? No? I don't really understand that part. We clearly don't have all the details.

But assume he talked to the girl for almost a year online and on the phone. Actually did fall for her. He made up stories to make it seem more legitimate and spare him some embarrassment. That part of it makes sense.
    I think people would POSSIBLY consider this...But the supposed picture of the girl is a totally different person, theres no way he met one person & had a picture of a different person...

It could be some insane twist that this girl couldve met different football players & gave a fake name/story to them....But the picture belonging to a totally unrelated person is what deads that theory...

Disagree, they do place a high value on LBs, but in what recent draft was there a LB who was better than who they picked early?
    Mason Foster/Kj Wright wouldve definetly been BPA/need over jernigan.......Many would argue that Daryl Washington,Sean Lee are better than Linval Joseph.....Navarro Bowman instead of Chad Jones...Lavonte David, although a 2nd round pick, when he came within a few picks of our 2nd round pick,many would argue you dont pass the opportunity to trade up & get a steal...

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    And you know this...how? Because one scout said something? Im not saying he definately was a top 10 pick, but saying something is definative based on something one scout on one team said is foolish. Maybe other scouts feel differently. Frankly I think discussing this stuff before the combine is silly anyway, but here we are. I think we can agree that this scandal is going to hurt him.
    Because that is all any scout has said since they have been asked. You find me a single NFL scout that says Teo is a top 10 pick. Go ahead.

Kiper and ESPN are not scouts.

So your saying because it's not a crime that it's okay?
    No, Im saying its not "the worst thing ever" like many of you seem to think. As long as he sets the story straight and doesnt lie to teams at the combine interviews, it wont affect his draft stock much at all.

So your saying because it's not a crime that it's okay? That this behavior shouldn't be considered when a team drafts him? The guy made up a girl, then killed her. Then played it up in the media to further his cause (allegedly). That's ----ed up. This is a guy you want as a main cog on your team?College kids have sex and sometimes have children out of wedlock...but really that could happen to anybody. This is on a different level. This is something that most people wouldn't do. He has some deep-seeded issues going on.
    Lol deep seeded issues? Christian Peter a former player that's a dude who had some deep seeded issues coming out of college. Here us the thing if he made this up to get attention, it's strange but there has been things done by people far worse. If he was fooled by this and didn't know, I can see where a college kid who is doing nothing but playing football and going to class found some relief by forming a relationship with someone online. You have to understand how little free time these kids have. He may have just been looking for an outlet and allowed himself to be fooled.

Exactly. The media.

Actual scouts/nfl people have never thought he was a top 10 pick.
    Ever heard of a smokescreen? With as knowledgeable about the draft as you think you are I'm sure you have. If I was a team in the late 20's I'd be saying the same thing hoping he falls to us.

I understand what you're saying. He is definitely not going to be a top 5 pick and probably not a top 10 anymore, but he is definitely a top 15 talent. Due to the devaluation of the ILB, he won't be drafted that high, but that doesn't mean he isn't that talented. I'd say he's the best linebacker in the draft.
    Last edited by WiIdcat; 01-17-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WiIdcat View Post
    Ever heard of a smokescreen? With as knowledgeable about the draft as you think you are I'm sure you have. If I was a team in the late 20's I'd be saying the same thing hoping he falls to us.
    Alright. Believe what you want.

Ive seen enough of him on film to know he is nowhere near the prospect of Kuehcly. He is a mid-late 1st round pick. Never was close to being a top 10 talent. And he sure as hell is not "definitely a top 15 talent"

Being the best middle linebacker in an incredibly weak middle linebacker draft (and really no blue chip guys at any position) isnt all that impressive.

Really his only competition is a 5'11 Minter, or a converted safety in Ogletree.

Just like Te'o being nominated for the Heisman, it wasent because Te'o was such a great player, its because he played on a good team and there was almost no competition in the race. They ended up essentially being forced to give it to a redshirt freshman.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 01-17-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Bleacher report has his as a mid 2nd now.. For what it's worth

Quote Originally Posted by alentown pa View Post
    Lol deep seeded issues? Christian Peter a former player that's a dude who had some deep seeded issues coming out of college. Here us the thing if he made this up to get attention, it's strange but there has been things done by people far worse. If he was fooled by this and didn't know, I can see where a college kid who is doing nothing but playing football and going to class found some relief by forming a relationship with someone online. You have to understand how little free time these kids have. He may have just been looking for an outlet and allowed himself to be fooled.
    This. 100%.

Manti Te'o could fall to the Giants

Alot depends on what shakes out in this virtual girlfriend hoax.

But given the shellacking that Alabama laid on the ND defense, coupled with this hoax scandal, I don't see a top 10 team selecting this dude.

His character elevated what was really a mid-1st pick, and that's gone now.
    Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,

- Emlen Tunnell