+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    I don't want a nutcase like that on our team.....BUT, it's amazing how all a sudden guys are saying all this BS that they never liked him,he's goin to bust,etc....before the Alabama game,not one person had the balls to say any of this....when his name got mentioned, people were either all over his jock or you were getting made fun of because everyone thought there'd be absolutely no way we'd have a chance at him...Now outta nowhere there's all these experts that never liked him to begin with, yea F'n right!!! There's a lot of clowns out there!
    I've been saying he was a mid-late first rounder for months. Every post I made about him was how he was in no way this 1st overall type talent Espn was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I've been saying he was a mid-late first rounder for months. Every post I made about him was how he was in no way this 1st overall type talent Espn was talking about.
    I know that...But mid-late,wich he is....But everyones opinon suddenly went from him being next Ray Lewis & all a sudden hes a bum that nobody wants (aside from the GF thing).....Lets be honest, %99 of the boards before the alabama game wouldve sacraficed their childern to have a shot at Teo....

Giant Question" To Te'o Or Not?

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...-to-teo-or-not

Excerpt: "As Manti Te'o emerged as one of the best players in college football last season, I started hearing from fans who wanted to see Te'o in a Giants uniform next season.

The majority of fans I hear from constantly want the Giants to draft a stud linebacker in the first round, and Te'o is one of the best after finishing second in the Heisman race.

But what I want to know now is how fans feel about Te'o after the crazy story of the girlfriend hoax exploded this week. It's something our friend Dan Graziano explores over at the NFC East blog."

"Te'o would be a young prospect who certainly appeared to be a presence as a leader on the field for Notre Dame during the season. How his talent and athleticism project at the pro level remains to be seen. Teams will do extensive research on Te'o's character and personality. And will he even be available when the Giants draft with the 19th pick?

We know the Giants rarely spend first-round picks on linebackers. The franchise typically steers clear of controversy, and Te'o would come with a major distraction right from the start." Read more...
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. MB Rule # 1

Manti T'eo revisited...MLB must be the position of focus in the 1st for Gmen

I think this could be our opportunity for a top quality LB and T'eo and Ogletree appear to be in our reach at #19. Maybe even trade a few spots down to get Ogletree...I would select T'eo at 19.

I doubt T'eo has issues (other than being a bit of a Herb) and could be the anchor this team has needed since the '90's at MLB. DE can wait further into the 2nd round.

I think we need some key pieces in FA and the draft which are attainable, we just need to go for it instead of bringing in cheap help. We need quality Vets with experience. Our MLBs currently don't have the type of accumine you want to transition a 3rd round pick. We need an NFL ready MLB draft pick or proven quality/durable vet who can step right in. The other issue is our OLB's...who is impressed with them? Not me. If we can make 2013 a focus on high quality LB play we may not need so much on the D-line and secondary.

I like J. Williams but durability is becoming a potential problem with him...but he becomes great depth otherwise, or possibly OLB in an effort to get the most productive players on the field.

If we draft DE and or CB in the first we are going to struggle once again. Fewell asks our CBs way too much cushion in the read and react defense which allows an assault on our LBs with short and midrange success for our opponents. The Giants are only getting more pressure to deal with the read option and we have no talent to defend against it and a worse scheme.

I know we need OL help and a great safety against the run that has durability...but, maybe we can solidify our LB corp this season and then reevaluate...maybe the other needs won't be as significant if we stop piece-mealing a defense and focus on a group to repair each season to help the other groups. If we could get an NFL ready MLB in the 1st and a nearly or potentially NFL ready OLB in the 2nd, I'd do it in a second...so trading up with Tuck as potential trade bait...I am for it.

I'm all in now for a LB in the 1st..

The Giants do not like player controversy, and at the point in time, Manti has some 'spalinin to do.
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    I'm all in now for a LB in the 1st..
    Is LT the last time we did that?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Is LT the last time we did that?
    Carl Banks LB taken 1984 in the first round. LT in 1981 wow long time not to ever draft a LB first round

http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../nyg/draft.htm
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Te'o struggled too much against Alabama (the closest thing you will get to an NFL line) for my liking as our 1st round pick. Honestly, I'd rather have Ogletree, Greene, or Brown over him in terms of traditional, non-pass rushing LBs. He would be an excellent fit in a 3-4 scheme like the Steelers though.

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    Carl Banks LB taken 1984 in the first round. LT in 1981 wow long time not to ever draft a LB first round

http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../nyg/draft.htm
    I think they prefer the front four approach now because of the more mobile QB's. But you have to have impact players which we were missing last season.

Jacquian Williams, if healthy, will help this season. As could Rivers if he can get healthy
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-20-2013 at 01:01 PM.