+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    Very true but what will certainly drop him to 19 is the 4.7-4.9 forty I believe he will run. I have a really hard time seeing Te'o going top 15. Kuechly did last year but he had a stellar combine.
    Kuechly on film was a much better player. Teo has significant flaws in his game.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    i don't know.. He was a highly recruited kid who has the numbers to back up his draft stock and lead a team to the national champ game that hasen't been there since 1988.. Sure, he wasen't great in the champ game, but hes done wonderful things against the run and pass in south bend.. I hope this game drops him to pick 19, but i'm sure it won't...
    I am not bashing the kid. I think he is a very good talent and a very good person. But, his hype level was absurd.

Do you realize he is the most decorated defensive football player in college football history right? He had a very good year, but 2nd in the Heisman? Keep mind Suh came in 4th and Suh was the most dominant defensive college player in the last decade...easily. Again, no hate for the player, but the hype was reaching dangerous levels. He isnt a top 10 talent in my book. I am not sure he is a top 20 talent.

Lastly, I would argue that Teo's game last night hurt his stock as a 43 mlb. It was the 1st time all season where his defensive line didnt completely dominate the opponent and allow him to roam freely making tackles and INTs. I still think his highest value come to a 3-4 team.

Linebackers in a 3-4 are less protected than linebackers In a 4-3.

People forget the reason he was second for the Heisman was because how poor the choices were. Manziel basically won by default.

And Heisman doesn't mean a player will be good at the next level. Just that they were good that year. Which he was. All season apart from the national champ game.

But I agree his hype was nonsense. Espn kept saying he would go first overall to the chiefs. There's just no way.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Linebackers in a 3-4 are less protected than linebackers In a 4-3.
    Which is why I think he has more value to a 3-4 team.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Kuechly on film was a much better player. Teo has significant flaws in his game.
    I couldn't argue against Kuechly being a better player than Te'o but let's not overreact to one game. Te'o has played 4 seasons and produced at a high level since day one. That is why he is so highly regarded, but nobody would call him a flawless player.

It's evident now how overrated ND's defense and team was this year. But also keep in mind that Saban and everyone at Alabama knew who the MVP of Notre Dame is: Te'o. Take him out and you dismantle their defense; that's what they did.
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Lets also not forget that Kuechly was far more productive in college. And Teo was not the best player on that defense. Nix and Tuitt are.

To add to my point, Kuechly never played the biggest game in NCAA football. He also never played Alabama. So there's that.

I couldn't argue against Kuechly being a better player than Te'o but let's not overreact to one game. Te'o has played 4 seasons and produced at a high level since day one. That is why he is so highly regarded, but nobody would call him a flawless player.

It's evident now how overrated ND's defense and team was this year. But also keep in mind that Saban and everyone at Alabama knew who the MVP of Notre Dame is: Te'o. Take him out and you dismantle their defense; that's what they did.
    He missed a ton of tackles. Not sure how that was the result of Saban "taking him out"

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    He missed a ton of tackles. Not sure how that was the result of Saban "taking him out"
    Furthermore it isnt "taking a guy out" to assign a blocker to him.

most offenses ND faced this year were overwhelmed by the Dline of ND and they consumed all the blocks allowing Te'o to run freely around. What happened to Te'o last night is exactly what will happen in the NFL. PLayers will block him. That isnt "taking him out"

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Furthermore it isnt "taking a guy out" to assign a blocker to him.

most offenses ND faced this year were overwhelmed by the Dline of ND and they consumed all the blocks allowing Te'o to run freely around. What happened to Te'o last night is exactly what will happen in the NFL. PLayers will block him. That isnt "taking him out"
    I'll forfeit the missed tackles argument. He did, and so did the rest of the ND defense not wearing 17.

BlueSanta: If you're saying Alabama's offensive strategy didn't place a priority on Te'o, you are utterly mistaken. I'll admit speculation, but I will not be so naive to think otherwise.