+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

John Mara: Giants Will Improve

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...reach-playoffs

Excerpt: "New York Giants' owner John Mara, in his first public comments following the 2012 season, said he's "very disappointed" that his team did not reach the playoffs.

However, Mara doesn't think wholesale changes are needed and believes his team's title window is very much open as long as Eli Manning is the quarterback.

"Obviously, we were very disappointed not being in the postseason," Mara said Thursday following a Super Bowl XLVIII news conference at City Hall. "I haven't quite gotten over that yet, particularly the back-to-back games in Atlanta and Baltimore.

"But sometimes you go through things like that and it just strengthens our resolve to put a better team on the field. We've got some areas we need to improve on, and we're gonna do that.

"
    The Giants won the Super Bowl last season and looked like they'd have a chance to repeat this year after getting off to a 6-2 start. But they lost five of their last eight games -- including two of their last three -- to leave themselves in a position in which they had to win and get help from several teams to make the playoff cut. In Weeks 15 and 16, the Falcons and Ravens outscored the Giants by a combined 67-14 margin.

"I've been around this team a long time, and I thought I'd seen everything," Mara said. "But I certainly didn't expect the two weeks we had there in Atlanta and Baltimore. At least we finished the season on a decent note (a 42-7 victory over Philadelphia, which went for naught when Chicago's win over Detroit ended the Giants' season)." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Really? You've never seen a 2nd half collapse before. You own this team that is known for it's 2nd half collapses, and you have not seen that happen in 2010, 2009, 2006, or 2005?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Really? You've never seen a 2nd half collapse before. You own this team that is known for it's 2nd half collapses, and you have not seen that happen in 2010, 2009, 2006, or 2005?
    Was he in a coma during the 2010 Philly game? I know we all would like to forget it, but sheesh

Veteran
    I'm waiting for the John Mara press conference

God I hope Mara has a plan to fix this defense...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Where does he say that he's never seen a second half collapse before?

I suppose it really depends on what he means by "wholesale changes".
    I think several of our core players have gotten a bit old and their productivity has dropped. The time may be now to address this problem.
    If not wholesale changes, there should at least be significant changes.
    Get well soon 80.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I think several of our core players have gotten a bit old and their productivity has dropped. The time may be now to address this problem.
    almost every team is making changes for the better, the Giants have been quiet thus far, I know it's still early but I hope they're not satisfied with being a 9-7 team.

[QUOTE=Toadofsteel;669861]Really? You've never seen a 2nd half collapse before. You own this team that is known for it's 2nd half collapses, and you have not seen that happen in 2010, 2009, 2006, or 2005?[/QUOTE

He was referring to two specific games.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    When he says "wholesale changes" I take that to mean rebuilding.

# 80