+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Spags back!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Sometimes it takes longer than 3 years. We will see how well Fisher will do with coaching the Rams.
    Fischer in one season has won 3 fewer games than Spags did in 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Sometimes it takes longer than 3 years. We will see how well Fisher will do with coaching the Rams.
    7-8-1, coming off Spagnuolo's barnstorming 2-14.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Wasn't the NO defense this season rated the worst in NFL history?

We all love what Spags did for us, but there is a legitimate argument as to whether his scheme works in the new, quckly changing NFL.
    He didn't have the personell to be successful, you could of put any DC there and they wouldn't of done good. NO took the best on the market which was Spags to try to get something out of the slow and old D, not even Spags could.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    It takes more than a year or two for players to develop and play well. Who did the Rams have other than Jackson when Spags was there?

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Payton never worked with him though.
    But he hired and fired him in one year. He obviously didn't like what he saw/heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Fischer in one season has won 3 fewer games than Spags did in 3.
    And? I've seen something like that before things start going good and then boom problems start to come again and the coach is out like out Bill Parcells when he was with the Cowboys. You also have to look at Spags situation. His team had some injuries and you have to look at that. I know some teams have injuries and still win games but you have to look at the bench having talent and other teams don't have that.

Even so did the Rams also dropped their GM at the time Spags was with the Rams? He got the players.

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    RF you aren't grasping he had far worse players at St. Louis than the Giants, and far worse players in NO than the Giants have. Are you really comparing the players of the Rams to the Giants? Come on now... relax, nobody's going to take your Fewell away lol .
    I am grasping the only thing that matters, the record. Two teams with abysmal records.

We are talking about a former DC who helped us win a Super Bowl. We have a DC who helped us win a Super Bowl. And for those who simply say "bring him in anywhere on the defense" I would simply point to the Sanchez - Tebow circus across town. There is no room for Spags here this season.

For the record, he's not my Fewell. He's Reese's and Coughin's Fewell and that's good enough for me.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Spags isn't coming back.

/thread

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Wait, the Rams also got rid of the GM at the time I think. He got the man the players. Now if Spags isn't that good, then why he did well with the Giants and in 08 when Osi was out and Spags had only Tuck?

He's a great DC if he has the personnel to carry out his scheme, case closed. We saw that when he helped get us the SB.

2007 D was far better than the 2011 D and you can argue the 2011 D had better players.

+ Reply to Thread