+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Spags back!!!!!

Spags will go to KC with Andy Reid as a position coach. Were not getting rid of Fewell. Pipe dreams are only worth discussing when there is more than 0% chance of it happening.

The 2007 Giant Defense wasnt even that good until the playoffs. The 2008 Defense was good but it got worn down from lack of depth. Osi got hurt before the season guys started getting banged up and they didnt have the bodies to make up for it

Schematically, I've got no problems with PF's defense. The execution by the players on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    I don't get this. It is undipsputed that Payton fired him.

He didn't work with him but he looked at the film and knows what was going on defensively.
    You're missing my point. I'm saying that Payton isn't firing him based on any kind of experience on having worked with Spags. He's fired him just based on the poor results of this season. It's like a new GM coming to a team and cleaning house. There's nothing personal about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    You're missing my point. I'm saying that Payton isn't firing him based on any kind of experience on having worked with Spags. He's fired him just based on the poor results of this season. It's like a new GM coming to a team and cleaning house. There's nothing personal about it.
    He fired him because the defense was the worst in NFL history and he was the DC.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    He fired him because the defense was the worst in NFL history and he was the DC.
    That would do it most of the time
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Here's a question. Spags was with the Eagles under Jimmy Johnson, they still need a DC, will they pick him up?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    It's not like a new GM coming in and cleaning house at all because Payton actually hired Spags. He may not have physically worked with him, but I'm sure that Payton studied the coach's tape for every single game, and spoke to everyone on the team with knowledge of Spags' performance, before making the decision to fire the guy he hired only one year earlier.

I highly doubt that Payton would rely solely upon the defensive stats to fire a guy he hired just a year earlier.
    Last edited by TCHOF; 01-26-2013 at 07:55 AM.

He really has sunk rather quickly.

+ Reply to Thread