+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Spags back!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pathas View Post
    ONLY TWO TIMES IN HISTORY -2011 AND 2012 has a Giants defense allowed over 6,000 yards. 2011 and 2012. 2012 - the first time the Giants' defense was ranked second-to-last in the NFL since 1966. UNFORGIVEABLE. Fewell's bend and don't break crap zone defense is only good for bragging about how you stopped offenses from scoring TD's in the red zone. How bout stopping an offense from getting into the red zone in the first frikkin place??? Spags defense was near the top of the league when he was with Giants cause he's smart and aggresive man defense and has all kind of blitz packages. Who cares what happened at St Louis. Maybe he's not cut out to be a HC. And nobody would have done better at the titanic down in NO last year. I know it will never happen, but anyone who thinks Spagnuolo isn't an improvement over the current DC just doesn't get Giants football.
    I really don't know what the hell is wrong with some of these guys.
    Do they actually think Fewell is better than Spags?
    Unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    I really don't know what the hell is wrong with some of these guys.
    Do they actually think Fewell is better than Spags?
    Unbelievable!
    So, you want to replace a guy that allowed 6,000 yards with a guy that allowed over 7,000? Do I have that right?

Veteran
    do you really want to blame that crapfest in NO on Spagnuolo? You like having the worst Giants defense since 1966?

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    So, you want to replace a guy that allowed 6,000 yards with a guy that allowed over 7,000? Do I have that right?
    See what I mean?
    Unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We went to the Super Bowl with Spagnuolo and won and he elected to go to greener pastures and failed twice. We went to the Super Bowl with Fewell and won and he's still here and under contract. Spags' old team, the Eagles, needed a DC when Spags was released from The Saints. He's still unemployed as far as I know. An argument can be made that the players made Spags a great DC. In any event, he's not coming here in any capacity.
    So, going with that logic, Jim Fassel was an excellent HC???????????

do you really want to blame that crapfest in NO on Spagnuolo? You like having the worst Giants defense since 1966?
    So, Fewell is to blame for our mess, but not Spags his?

He has done absolutely nothing since leaving the Giants to inspire me to believe that he will be any better than Fewell (of whom I am not a fan, btw). He fielded a great pass rush in '07 and a great defense in '08, five years ago. Nothing since.

If I had my druthers neither PF or Spags would be our DC, though I honestly don't know who'd I want to replace PF.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    See what I mean?
    Unbelievable!
    Yeah. Logic. It's a real *****.

Veteran
    logic??? Using your logic Patriots should have never hired Belicheat because of his performance at Cleveland. Right DREZ???

logic??? Using your logic Patriots should have never hired Belicheat because of his performance at Cleveland. Right DREZ???
    So, using your logic we should rehire Tim Lewis? I mean, he fielded a few top-10 defenses before.

We need a DC that can game plan for the read option.....

+ Reply to Thread