+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Spags back!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    If he hasn't yet, he won't.
    Can you please explain to me why you are so enamored with Fewell?
    Did I miss the info about the interviews he had?

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    So are you saying that it's JR's fault?
    Because it doesn't sound like you're blaming Spags.
    As you shouldn't.
    Which, if true, proves my case.
    I'm saying we can expect similar results if we bring in Spags, but don't improve the personnel.

Can you please explain to me why you are so enamored with Fewell?
    I'm not. Actually I've said in this very thread that I have no particular love of Fewell. I was actually hoping that he was going to get fired, but alas, that's not the case. However, that has nothing to do with the fact that I don't think that Spags would be a good replacement for Fewell. Again, we'd be replacing a guy that gave up 6k yards for a guy that gave up 7k yards. It'd be a lateral movement at best. Seeing as I'm not as hip to the up and coming positional coaches in the NFL or guys that could come up from college I can't actually name a guy I'd rather have. I just know that Spags isn't him.
    Last edited by Drez; 01-30-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Did I miss the info about the interviews he had?
    No, you haven't. Spags has not had any interviews yet.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I'm saying we can expect similar results if we bring in Spags, but don't improve the personnel.
    Maybe similar, but not the same.
    I would venture to say that Spags would do better with the same personnel.
    BTW, sounds like you are saying it's JR's fault.

I'm not. Actually I've said in this very thread that I have no particular love of Fewell. I was actually hoping that he was going to get fired, but alas, that's not the case. However, that has nothing to do with the fact that I don't think that Spags would be a good replacement for Fewell. Again, we'd be replacing a guy that gave up 6k yards for a guy that gave up 7k yards. It'd be a lateral movement at best. Seeing as I'm not as hip to the up and coming positional coaches in the NFL or guys that could come up from college I can't actually name a guy I'd rather have. I just know that Spags isn't him.
    Again with the 7k?

Maybe similar, but not the same.
    I would venture to say that Spags would do better with the same personnel.
    BTW, sounds like you are saying it's JR's fault.
    No. We just have a bunch of players that have not performed up to the standards they have set for themselves (based on prior performance).

Ya think Mr. Mara reads these posts?
    Sadly, no.
    No one remembers who came in second.

No, you haven't. Spags has not had any interviews yet.
    Funny guy

Quote Originally Posted by pathas View Post
    ONLY TWO TIMES IN HISTORY -2011 AND 2012 has a Giants defense allowed over 6,000 yards. 2011 and 2012. 2012 - the first time the Giants' defense was ranked second-to-last in the NFL since 1966. UNFORGIVEABLE. Fewell's bend and don't break crap zone defense is only good for bragging about how you stopped offenses from scoring TD's in the red zone. How bout stopping an offense from getting into the red zone in the first frikkin place??? Spags defense was near the top of the league when he was with Giants cause he's smart and aggresive man defense and has all kind of blitz packages. Who cares what happened at St Louis. Maybe he's not cut out to be a HC. And nobody would have done better at the titanic down in NO last year. I know it will never happen, but anyone who thinks Spagnuolo isn't an improvement over the current DC just doesn't get Giants football.
    U realize the object is to allow the fewest points not yards right. The Giant Defense was 12th in points allowed tied wiith the ravens .U cant play heavy man coverage defense in the NFL now with running QB's it doesnt work. U cant have your defenders running with their backs turned down field

+ Reply to Thread