+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 313

Thread: Bring Spags back!!!!!

  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    No. We just have a bunch of players that have not performed up to the standards they have set for themselves (based on prior performance).
    So, it's TC's fault?

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    No. We just have a bunch of players that have not performed up to the standards they have set for themselves (based on prior performance).
    You're boxing yourself in my friend.
    Would you agree that the players played harder for Spags than they did for Fewell?

  3. #263
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,030
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    You're boxing yourself in my friend.
    Would you agree that the players played harder for Spags than they did for Fewell?
    No. I don't think you can really make that case. This is a completely different group of guys. In fact the only players that were here under Spags are Osi, Tuck, Kiwi and Webster all of whom were considerably younger and healthier when Spags was here (well, minus Osi who missed '08). I suppose you can add TT to the list, but he only played part of his rookie year and has been out the last two with injury. You have absolutely no way of knowing how this group of guys would react to playing for Spags. And save for the up and down play of Tuck, it doesn't seem like the defensive failings have been due to lack of effort.

  4. #264
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,030
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    So, it's TC's fault?
    No.

  5. #265
    Not sure how likely this is but I was thinking since Spags has been downgrading jobs ever since he got fired by the Rams, and he was coordinator for the worst defense in NFL History last year, he would become the Defensive Line coach for the Giants. The core players from Spags' Giants are still there ( for now) so maybe there is a chance? What do you guys think?

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    So, it's TC's fault?
    I don't think its TCs fault but he certainly hasn't been part of the cure either...especially since he just told the media he has no idea what went wrong this year..

  7. #267
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,030
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_kilmeade View Post
    Not sure how likely this is but I was thinking since Spags has been downgrading jobs ever since he got fired by the Rams, and he was coordinator for the worst defense in NFL History last year, he would become the Defensive Line coach for the Giants. The core players from Spags' Giants are still there ( for now) so maybe there is a chance? What do you guys think?
    The core players are not here anymore. As I mentioned above, it's just Tuck, Kiwi, Osi, Webster, and Thomas. And there's a good chance that neither Osi or Thomas will be here next season.

  8. #268
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,346
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_kilmeade View Post
    Not sure how likely this is but I was thinking since Spags has been downgrading jobs ever since he got fired by the Rams, and he was coordinator for the worst defense in NFL History last year, he would become the Defensive Line coach for the Giants. The core players from Spags' Giants are still there ( for now) so maybe there is a chance? What do you guys think?
    Three problems: He's never coached linemen before, we have a Dline coach in Robert Nunn, and you can't have the former DC on the team when there is a current DC.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  9. #269
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,030
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Three problems: He's never coached linemen before, we have a Dline coach in Robert Nunn, and you can't have the former DC on the team when there is a current DC.
    Yeah, he was the LB coach in Philly before coming here.

  10. #270
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Yeah, he was the LB coach in Philly before coming here.
    I like Spags. I had hoped they would have approached him with the Assistant HC title and learn directly under one of his mentors (TC) but he understandably wanted to captain his own ship and took the St. Louis job. He wasn't able to turn that team around in two seasons and had the worst defense in the NFL in 2012.

    It will be interesting to see if anyone picks him up this season, what assignment he gets, and how well he does.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts