+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Bring Spags back!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    Since it is nearing 300 responses, I think maybe it's time to at least consider this move?
    I mean, nothing lost to bring the man in and have a discussion.
    Everyone knows that Mara only acts when a thread reaches 500 posts.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I dont get the belief on this board that if u play alot of Tampa 2 or heavy zone coverage u cant be physical and cant be a good defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I dont get the belief on this board that if u play alot of Tampa 2 or heavy zone coverage u cant be physical and cant be a good defense.
    Right church, wrong pew?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    No, but you need the players. And if you don't have the players, then you adapt. The more I think about it, the more I realize either my expectations of a defensive co-ordinator are too high or there just aren't that many good ones around. They were saying the same thing about Spags - that he didn't have the personnel. So that also means he had issues adapting.

But seriously. Being a co-ordinator isn't a flow chart. You should be able to change it up based on the players you have no? Your speciality might be the cover 2, but surely you know enough to throw in a wrinkle here and there or just keep on trying things until you find stuff that works.

This whole bit about a couple players not playing well or all of a sudden getting healthy, and we become a top 5 defense from a bottom 5 defense doesn't sit well with me one bit. Putting together a defense isn't like putting together an engine. If you're missing a piece, it doesn't just break.

Fewell came in here and at his first press conference he told us what defense he was going to run and admitted that a lot of people might not like it. Well as far as I'm concerned he was correct, I don't like it. I have never enjoyed my team sitting back and letting the opposing offense dictate the flow of the game and how my team was going to handle it. I know a lot of people on here like Fewell and are satisfied with his defense and I mean no disrespect to how they feel. Fewell said his defense would give up a lot of yards and he was right...

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Everyone knows that Mara only acts when a thread reaches 500 posts.
    You get to deal with it when this hits 500
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm starting to think the players made the coach
    I agree 100%! I think that Strahan retiring had a bigger impact on the D than Spags leaving!
    Doesn't logic dictate that he should have been just as successful anywhere he went if he was truly the difference between a good and bad D?
    Last edited by bigblue58; 02-01-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    I agree 100%! I think that Strahan retiring had a bigger impact on the D than Spags leaving!
    Doesn't logic dictate that he should have been just as successful anywhere he went if he was truly the difference between a good and bad D?
    I might not apply that to his time at St. Louis, but certainly would for the NO job

# 80

I might not apply that to his time at St. Louis, but certainly would for the NO job
    Agreed!

You get to deal with it when this hits 500
    lol, then I need a big pay raise RF!
    No one remembers who came in second.

+ Reply to Thread