+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pathas View Post
    here's my opinion. Spagnolo thinks fast and is confident. That's critical in game time adjustments. Fewell thinks slow and is unsure of what's happening - that's why our D is unorganized time after time when the snap is coming. How many times this year was Blackburn moving guys around at the point when the ball was snapped. Our D was caught unprepared at snap time way too many times this year (and last year too for that matter).
    Spags hasn't looked fast or confident since he left here.

what do you think RF?
    I say no and my opinions can be found above
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    That's why he needs to come back because he won't have success anywhere else lol

if I'm remembering correctly our defense didn't look as confused about their responsibilities on the field when Spags was here as they seem to now with Fewell

Veteran
    ONLY TWO TIMES IN HISTORY -2011 AND 2012 has a Giants defense allowed over 6,000 yards. 2011 and 2012. 2012 - the first time the Giants' defense was ranked second-to-last in the NFL since 1966. UNFORGIVEABLE. Fewell's bend and don't break crap zone defense is only good for bragging about how you stopped offenses from scoring TD's in the red zone. How bout stopping an offense from getting into the red zone in the first frikkin place??? Spags defense was near the top of the league when he was with Giants cause he's smart and aggresive man defense and has all kind of blitz packages. Who cares what happened at St Louis. Maybe he's not cut out to be a HC. And nobody would have done better at the titanic down in NO last year. I know it will never happen, but anyone who thinks Spagnuolo isn't an improvement over the current DC just doesn't get Giants football.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    he's been in entirely different situations. He wasn't DC at St Louis. HE WAS HC. I'm not saying he should be HC. In NO - what a mess. What do you want from him? Its not his fault NO was in the situation they were in.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    That's why he needs to come back because he won't have success anywhere else lol
    if egils don't go 3-4 look for him to be pretty dam successful there. Or like someone else said - maybe in KC with Andy R.

ONLY TWO TIMES IN HISTORY -2011 AND 2012 has a Giants defense allowed over 6,000 yards. 2011 and 2012. 2012 - the first time the Giants' defense was ranked second-to-last in the NFL since 1966. UNFORGIVEABLE. Fewell's bend and don't break crap zone defense is only good for bragging about how you stopped offenses from scoring TD's in the red zone. How bout stopping an offense from getting into the red zone in the first frikkin place??? Spags defense was near the top of the league when he was with Giants cause he's smart and aggresive man defense and has all kind of blitz packages. Who cares what happened at St Louis. Maybe he's not cut out to be a HC. And nobody would have done better at the titanic down in NO last year. I know it will never happen, but anyone who thinks Spagnuolo isn't an improvement over the current DC just doesn't get Giants football.
    We went to the Super Bowl with Spagnuolo and won and he elected to go to greener pastures and failed twice. We went to the Super Bowl with Fewell and won and he's still here and under contract. Spags' old team, the Eagles, needed a DC when Spags was released from The Saints. He's still unemployed as far as I know. An argument can be made that the players made Spags a great DC. In any event, he's not coming here in any capacity.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    I know - man - how frustating this is. This really sucks.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JPP=BEASTMODE View Post
    If that was true why did our defense suck so bad after Sheridan took over?
    5-7 step drops with max protection is what happened. Teams were killing us downfield. Michael Johnson and C.C Brown were exposed. Johnson was the 2nd worst safety in the league that year and he played the 3rd most snaps on our team. C.C Brown was a liability in coverage also, but played somewhat decent in run support compared to Johnson.
    Last edited by BeatYale; 01-29-2013 at 07:22 PM.