+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Spags back!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    Ya think maybe JR is not happy about Spags leaving?
    Makes me think of that scene in Beverly Hills Cop.

JR: Heyyyyyy Cuuuuuuzzzzzzz
    Spags: Are you still pissed at me?
    JR: It's just a business, Spags, wish you well
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    What has he done in the past 4-5 years to make you believe that he will be successful again?
    Belichek was a disaster at Cleveland for five years and Parcells hired him back as DC in 1996. What happened? Oh yeah - Patriots went to the Super Bowl that year. Its not what Spags did at St Louis and NO that matters. Its what he did for our defense when he was here -which was amazing. He is the best DC we've had - period. I say he should get the opportunity to try again.

Veteran
    or at least that we've had since Billy Cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by pathas View Post
    Belichek was a disaster at Cleveland for five years and Parcells hired him back as DC in 1996. What happened? Oh yeah - Patriots went to the Super Bowl that year. Its not what Spags did at St Louis and NO that matters. Its what he did for our defense when he was here -which was amazing. He is the best DC we've had - period. I say he should get the opportunity to try again.
    Or did our players make the difference?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Good Job my friend!
    For some reason the moderator just doesn't want to give in.
    Must be related to Fewell or something...

Quote Originally Posted by thomasjmarino View Post
    Good Job my friend!
    For some reason the moderator just doesn't want to give in.
    Must be related to Fewell or something...
    We simply have differing opinions

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Or did our players make the difference?
    hell yes they made a difference - Just like the players on the GIANTS will make a difference for Spags when he comes back.

hell yes they made a difference - Just like the players on the GIANTS will make a difference for Spags when he comes back.
    2014 is a long way off but I am glad you realize the players made him the "best DC we've had"

Actually, I'd say Belichick or Landry were the best DCs we've ever had. Fox is coming in close there, too.

What Spags did with our defense 5-6 years ago is rather inconsequential at this point in time. Our defense wasn't even that great for most of '07. We fielded a decent pass rush, but they didn't tighten the screws until the playoffs. In '08 he led a dominant defensive unit. That's it. In his 6 years as DC or HC, he can lay claim to having one great playoff run and one great season. That's it. I'm not saying that he's crap and won't ever have success again, but at this point he's had several opportunities to do so and hasn't. At least BB after leaving Cleveland went on to have immediate success again as a DC. He also didn't do nearly as horrible a job in Cleveland as his record suggests.

If we're looking to bring back DCs that have had some modicum of success in the past, why not bring back Tim Lewis, he's led several top 10 and top 5 defenses?

I like this guy!!!

+ Reply to Thread