+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    lol, then I need a big pay raise RF!
    You and me both, I'm not accepting any tender
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You and me both, I'm not accepting any tender
    I put that 500 number out there and bam, this thread mercifully came to a sreeching halt!

It's never pretty when John Mara has to get involved.
    No one remembers who came in second.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    No, but you need the players. And if you don't have the players, then you adapt. The more I think about it, the more I realize either my expectations of a defensive co-ordinator are too high or there just aren't that many good ones around. They were saying the same thing about Spags - that he didn't have the personnel. So that also means he had issues adapting.

But seriously. Being a co-ordinator isn't a flow chart. You should be able to change it up based on the players you have no? Your speciality might be the cover 2, but surely you know enough to throw in a wrinkle here and there or just keep on trying things until you find stuff that works.

This whole bit about a couple players not playing well or all of a sudden getting healthy, and we become a top 5 defense from a bottom 5 defense doesn't sit well with me one bit. Putting together a defense isn't like putting together an engine. If you're missing a piece, it doesn't just break.
    To me, the difference between a good coach and a great coach is their ability to adapt the scheme to the talent they have available to them. Spags is a great example of a good coach, when he has the personnel to run his defense it's great, but when he doesn't... you get what he had in NO. PF is pretty much the same, he doesn't have the personnel to run his scheme, they were built to be more of an attacking D rather than a read and react, although I can't think of any team that has implemented a read and react philosophy that was good. In fact, if I remember correctly, the last time the Giants had a D coord that ran this type of D, the results were pretty much the same.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...