+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring Spags back!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    But we can ship PF out the season after winning the Super Bowl?

How do you not take three subpar seasons into acount?
    Read through the thread, I never said I wanted him back, I just said ya can't hold last year against Spags. And just because he wasn't successful as a head coach doesnt mean he forgot how to be a good DC.

tell me why fewell gets aggressive for one game where we end up dominating and look like the scariest defense. and then goes right back to being soft for the next 4 games and wonders why we suck?

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Read through the thread, I never said I wanted him back, I just said ya can't hold last year against Spags. And just because he wasn't successful as a head coach doesnt mean he forgot how to be a good DC.
    His record since leaving here would suggest otherwise though. That's what teams are going to look at. He had no problem getting a DC job after failing at HC. Now he's added another failure. It may not keep teams from sniffing around, but it will be a consideration.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 01-24-2013 at 08:41 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I seen the news and knew when I came here there would be a pile of threads about this, so far just one....I'm impressed

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    I seen the news and knew when I came here there would be a pile of threads about this, so far just one....I'm impressed
    I think a couple got moved to General Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I think a couple got moved to General Sports.
    sigh.... Can't say I'm surprised one bit....If we won another SB with fewel and didn't make the playoffs the year after they'd still want him gone.

The expectation around here is if you don't win a Superbowl in any given year, you're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    No problem man, I never said that you wanted him back. New Orleans was a mess this past year, and it probably would have taken him more time to get their D respectable. They did not have the talent to work with like the Giants had in Spags first year with the Giants
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Everyone loves what Spags did for us, but you can't go back.
    The NFL is changing at a feverish pace and I'm not sure his scheme works as well in today's NFL. Too many mobile QB's.
    Oh yes we can when our current DC is statistically the worst in Giants history. The guy is worse than Bill Sheridan, and I never thought someone else would ever top him.
    "In Reese, We No Longer Trust"

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    don't know why some still hang on this guys jock like he is the be all and end all.
    He had a good two years with the Giants and none since. If he came to the Giants I wouldn't be upset but I would be shouting from the mountain tops with joy either.
    And Perry has you shouting from the mountaintops...did you forgot how low we finished in overall defense last year? We really could use Spags to infuse the defense once again.

Quote Originally Posted by poppa smurph View Post
    I remember thinking that they might've run him out of St. Lou a little too soon.Was it just 2 seasons or 3?
    he was there for 3 seasons posting a 10-38 mark.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

+ Reply to Thread