+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    I don't know how people can be against bringing Spags back? What has Fewell done to warrant his job safe?
    What has Spags done since leaving NY that shows he should have a job

Quote Originally Posted by poppa smurph View Post
    I don't think that Spags has been involved the best situations since leaving the Giants.
    More going against him then with him sort of thing.
    I have to agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Stop looking at yards. Points are the only stat that counts. The league is built for offense. Look at all the record being broken every year.
    I could care less about yards. They throw out forcing Turnovers like thats a bad thing.

I don't know how people can be against bringing Spags back? What has Fewell done to warrant his job safe?
    Helped win a Super Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by JPP=BEASTMODE View Post
    Too many mobile quarterbacks? Please explain
    With mobile QB's, its very dangerous to play a lot of press coverage. Zone defenses have more defenders facing, and reacting to the QB. Press cover guys are rarely facing the QB and HUGE runs can come from that.
    I'm afraid that Spags system is especially vulnerable to that.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[QUOTE=Flip Empty;670139]Helped win a Super Bowl?[/QUOTE

I think he hurt our chances a lot more than "helped". How has he utilized our players? Every year since Spags we've been complaining how some DC has been trying to force a scheme that doesn't work.

@Redeye - His former success utilizing our players to their full potential and crafting a very good defense has showed me more than enough to replace what we have. He hasn't had the tools that he had in NY and I think he's done a good job considering the skill set of the players he had on his former teams.

I think he hurt our chances a lot more than "helped". How has he utilized our players? Every year since Spags we've been complaining how some DC has been trying to force a scheme that doesn't work.
    Did his unit not shut down the Falcons and Packers during the 2012 playoffs? Did his unit not hold the Patriots to 17 points?

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    With mobile QB's, its very dangerous to play a lot of press coverage. Zone defenses have more defenders facing, and reacting to the QB. Press cover guys are rarely facing the QB and HUGE runs can come from that.
    I'm afraid that Spags system is especially vulnerable to that.
    I think having a decent linebacker on this team will solve any troubles we've had with mobile quarterbacks.

Hell I would bring him to coach the D-line and if Perry screws up fire him and put Spags back. I know Nunn is there but hes below average at best. Putting J.P as a DT was and is a huge mistake.

[QUOTE=Flip Empty;670146]
    Did his unit not shut down the Falcons and Packers during the 2012 playoffs? Did his unit not hold the Patriots to 17 points?
    The players simply played inspired, and a lot better. His scheme is shown not to work on a consistent basis, and it doesn't work for the giants.

His defense also gave up how many points to the Falcons, Ravens, Bengals, Bucs, Browns?