+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm starting to think the players made the coach
    Many DC's would look good with that team. He had 3 DE's playing at an All Pro Level. Tuck was absolute Monster rushing the QB from inside. If the Giants last season had Tuck and Osi playing at that level this team would of won 12 games. Its why I think this Dline has to be rebuilt. The Giants won 2 Super Bowls with completely different Offenses they won on Defense with the same idea a Monster Dline.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-25-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm starting to think the players made the coach
    Lets look at the 2 coordinators sandwiching Spags... Tim Lewis and Bill Sheridan. They could not do anything with the same players. Spags is legit. He was the HC for a horrible Rams team and was a bit over his head. In NO he has no playmakers and the team lost a bunch of players and the HC. He got a raw deal.

He is still a legit DC. I would drop our bottom 5 DC Fewell in half a second for Spags. Fewell is terrible. 31st in 2012, 28th in 2011.... Garbage.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Many DC's would look good with that team. He had 3 DE's playing at an All Pro Level.
    Than why couldnt Sheridan (Tuck Osi JPP) or Lewis (Tuck Osi Stray)?

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    Better DT's, Arguably the same DE's depending on what Ojomo and Tracy can give us, he could get something out of Webster, Prince is a great corner, and he'll have better Safeties.

All he'd have is worse linebackers which I hope we address this offseason.
    Nowhere near the same DE's . A lot of u are still under the impression Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyoria are the same players, they arent .. Spags wouldnt win with how bad this Dline played last season. Justin Tuck was the best interior Pass Rusher in the NFL when Spags was here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Than why couldnt Sheridan (Tuck Osi JPP) or Lewis (Tuck Osi Stray)?
    Sheridan didnt have JPP first off Justin Tuck played the whole season with a torn labrum after he was injured by that piece of human excrement Flozell Adams.

In 2006 Justin Tuck was in his 2nd year and got injured and missed 10 games. Osi Umenyoria missed 5. Strahan missed 7 Also that Defense gave up 22.6 ppg Spags the year that won the Superbowl gave up 21.9

why would'nt spags do a good job back with giants..he changed his defence to fit the player he had..4 aces' kiwi to LB' made k.mitchell
    look like a great player. he took roll players and made them good football players by adapting his defence to the players he had at the time just to get the best players onto the field. all this after they gave up 80 points in 2 games. he still got the players to buy in to what he was selling..

This is what I have been hoping for ever since he left.
    Are the NY Giants going to sit on their hands once again or are they going to go and get him back before somebody else does?
    I'm sure he would take a lesser position if they are so set on Fewell as DC.
    We need Spags back now!!!!!!!
    Mr, Mara, Mr. Tisch, JR. Pleeeeeaaassssseeee bring back Spags!!!!!!!!

BRING BACK SPAGS NOW!!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JPP=BEASTMODE View Post
    Too bad we aren't looking for a defensive coordinator because Spags was fired by the Saints.
    Now that Spags is free the Giants might rethink their decision not to terminate the current DC.....the Giants would immediately improve on Defense if they brought in a qualified DC like Spags versus the clown they now have.

Excerpt: "New York Giants' owner John Mara, in his first public comments following the 2012 season, said he's "very disappointed" that his team did not reach the playoffs.

"Obviously, we were very disappointed not being in the postseason," Mara said Thursday following a Super Bowl XLVIII news conference at City Hall. "I haven't quite gotten over that yet, particularly the back-to-back games in Atlanta and Baltimore.

MR. MARA, IF YOU ARE TRULY DISAPPOINTED, ESPECIALLY WITH THE ATLANTA AND BALTIMORE RESULTS, PROVE TO US THAT YOU MEAN WHAT YOU SAY AND BRING BACK SPAGS IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!