After seeing the Senior Bowl practices, I have a new sense of what I believe we should do. Resign Beatty and let Boothe walk in FA. Release Diehl, Boley and C-Web and restructure Canty and Baas. Here is the draft. I am predicting a comp 6th round pick for losing Aaron Ross:
1. Alec Ogletree - ILB Georgia - I think Ogletree can play the middle in Perry's D as he has the side to side speed that we would need here. He needs to work on getting off blocks better but that will come in time.
2. Khaseem Greene - OLB Rutgers - Two LBs in a row, well that is our team weakness. Greene has the athleticism to cover TEs and to mirror RG3 and whomever Philly brings in to run Chip Kelly's Offense.
3. Brian Winters - OL Kent St. - Meet our starting LG. Plug and play tough guy who will help the run game immensely and looked good in pass protection at the Senior Bowl.
4. Ricky Wagner - OT Wisconsin - I liked the way Wagner looked at the Senior Bowl as well. Another beast of a run blocker who held up well in pass protection. Will challenge for a starting spot with Brewer and Mosley and may the best man win.
5. David Amerson - CB NC State - I am predicting a slide for Amerson on draft day. His does not seem to have the hips to play CB in the NFL but is not good enough of a tackler to play Safety. His ball skills are undeniable though and we take a shot here.
6. Josh Boyd - DT Mississippi State - Boyd does not do anything great but is pretty solid in all phases. Also very battle tested from the SEC. Fits into the rotation on the DL.
6. Caleb Sturgis - K Florida - Tynes has been good for us but does not have the leg anymore to hit anything over 45. Also, do not want to pay a lot for a kicker. Sturgis has a big leg.
7. Justin Brown - WR Oklahoma - We have a decision to make next year between Cruz and Nicks. I don't think we can sign both. Brown has good size and is a good PR. If we lose Hixon, Brown can fill that role on specials and learn the offense for the next season.