+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Terrell Thomas Jogging In Pool, Hopes To Return In 2013

Giants' Terrell Thomas Jogging In Pool, Hopes To Return In 2013

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/25/...-team-in-2013/

Except: "It's still too early in the offseason to have any idea what Terrell Thomas' future is with the New York Giants. After being selected in the second-round of the 2008 NFL Draft, Thomas will attempt to return to the team in 2013 after tearing his ACL for the second consecutive season, and the third time in his football career. Obviously, the odds are stacked against him. It's incredibly difficult to return to full strength after three serious knee injuries. However, Thomas seems to be on track to do just that.

Yesterday, he posted some encouraging notes on his personal website.

"The greatest thing about today’s workout was that there was no reoccurring swelling from my previous workout even though I did a lot of lateral movements and box jumps. There are also no signs of tendentious, so moving forward that is a positive," he wrote.

"This afternoon I jogged in the pool as I try to retain good sprinting form underwater. Slowly I will begin to transition out of the pool. I love the atmosphere here in Pensacola Florida. The view is beautiful, as I am right on the water. God has truly blessed me in so many ways. He has given me the opportunity to rehab in a place that is pushing me to be my best. As I workout twice a day for up to two hours which can be challenging I know that it will be worthwhile," Thomas continued.

There's a lot to digest there, but it seems like Thomas is on track to have a chance to make the roster in 2013. The fact that he is able to make lateral movements without experiencing swelling and tendonitis in his knee means he has made significant progress since his surgery. He's able to run in a pool, which is the first step in a long process of attempting to get back to full speed." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    why are all these bad players returning? this off season sucks

Starter
    I don't mind bringing him to camp, but he is not the answer. I feel bad about the rotten luck he had, there was a lot to like. We have got to find some CBs outside of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Bad players? The guy has suffered serious injuries and is trying to get back. Geesh.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    Why is he bad?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Unless he can play in bubble wrap he wont make it.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    Unless he can play in bubble wrap he wont make it.
    That was said of Hixon as well. I think he deserves a shot in camp

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That was said of Hixon as well. I think he deserves a shot in camp
    I don't understand all of the hate on TT. I'm with you, I think he deserves a shot, and I think he will contribute next season. I am a big supporter of Terrell, and would love nothing more then to see him be a solid corner for us next year. Do you think he can be a shell of what he once was?

Quote Originally Posted by Jppallday View Post
    I don't understand all of the hate on TT. I'm with you, I think he deserves a shot, and I think he will contribute next season. I am a big supporter of Terrell, and would love nothing more then to see him be a solid corner for us next year. Do you think he can be a shell of what he once was?
    Honestly, I think it's really an hill climb for TT with nothing assured. But I think he's played well enough for us that he deserves a chance to prove he can still play.

# 80

I think that we are alll assuming that he is brought back under a new contract. The old one shouldn't fly after last preseason didn't work out.
    Do not feed the trolls.

+ Reply to Thread