+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Giants' Terrell Thomas Jogging In Pool, Hopes To Return In 2013

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Why is he bad?
    TT was never "bad". but how many times are we going to keep trying to get the guy on the field and lose him for the season again?
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    TT was never "bad". but how many times are we going to keep trying to get the guy on the field and lose him for the season again?
    I'm guessing training camp will make or break him
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I'm guessing training camp will make or break him
    Agreed. But if he does make it through camp and earns a spot, I just hope that he is at the bottom of the depth chart. I just don't want to see them put too much hope in TT and then if he goes down week one, we are caught with no decent replacements.

His post on his website sounds like it was written by his agent, to get some interest in him. In any event, he deserves a chance in camp

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    I give Thomas a lot of credit for fighting to get back on the field. But saying that this is the NFL, not Goodwill. It may be best for both parties to part ways and move on.

Maybe we should try converting him to MLB. As far as I know that's pretty much a goodwill position on our team, what with the schoolteacher and the cancer survivor

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Maybe we should try converting him to MLB. As far as I know that's pretty much a goodwill position on our team, what with the schoolteacher and the cancer survivor
    That was kind of harsh.

I actually am excited for the guy. Hixon recovered twice and played injury free at a high level. So I have confidence in T2. He quietly makes the roster for a decent price and we are in ok shape here I believe.

That was said of Hixon as well. I think he deserves a shot in camp
    But Hixon didn't have THREE torn ACL injuries! Chances of TT coming back after those injuries are are less than 20%. He's not going to be able to cut and he sure as hell will be slower. Don't put any stock into him coming back......ain't gonna happen.

Realistically, we'll probably be seeing his retirement annoucement at some point. OTAs are right around the corner and he'll certainly miss those. Training camp isn't that far away either really, and if he's just now working the knee out at "zero gravity, no impact" in the pool, I'd say it's very unlikely he'll be ready for training camp. They'll PUP him for a while. Sometime around the start of the regular season they'll do an evaluation, and see where he is. I'd be surprised if he passes his physical at that point. I'd love to see him back healthy for the next 5 or 6 years; but I'm not holding my breath. He's going to have to be extremely lucky to make a recovery that will enable him to play. He's a good player with a really bad knee, and the doctors probably won't be able to change that.

http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/25/...-team-in-2013/

Except: "It's still too early in the offseason to have any idea what Terrell Thomas' future is with the New York Giants. After being selected in the second-round of the 2008 NFL Draft, Thomas will attempt to return to the team in 2013 after tearing his ACL for the second consecutive season, and the third time in his football career. Obviously, the odds are stacked against him. It's incredibly difficult to return to full strength after three serious knee injuries. However, Thomas seems to be on track to do just that.

Yesterday, he posted some encouraging notes on his personal website.

"The greatest thing about today’s workout was that there was no reoccurring swelling from my previous workout even though I did a lot of lateral movements and box jumps. There are also no signs of tendentious, so moving forward that is a positive," he wrote.

"This afternoon I jogged in the pool as I try to retain good sprinting form underwater. Slowly I will begin to transition out of the pool. I love the atmosphere here in Pensacola Florida. The view is beautiful, as I am right on the water. God has truly blessed me in so many ways. He has given me the opportunity to rehab in a place that is pushing me to be my best. As I workout twice a day for up to two hours which can be challenging I know that it will be worthwhile," Thomas continued.

There's a lot to digest there, but it seems like Thomas is on track to have a chance to make the roster in 2013. The fact that he is able to make lateral movements without experiencing swelling and tendonitis in his knee means he has made significant progress since his surgery. He's able to run in a pool, which is the first step in a long process of attempting to get back to full speed." Read more...

Well...I don't know how ready he'll be to take NFL punishment, but it sounds like he's good to go if water polo ever takes off in popularity!

+ Reply to Thread