+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: *** Mock Draft 1.25.2013 ***

  1. #1

    *** Mock Draft 1.25.2013 ***

    Round 1 – Manti Te’o, ILB – Notre Dame….. Here me out! No question this news story has f’d up his image. I still don’t believe that he knew nothing about it and I still feel that he has some explaining to do. With that said, he is an extremely talented player. He got a wake-up call in the BCS game when he played against real competition. He is a competitor and has great football intelligence. Giants need a lot of help at LB and this kid has the ability to be a great fun defender and good in pass defense.

    Round 2 – Alex Okafor, DE – Texas…. Giants need to upgrade their DE’s. Osi is gone and Tuck is 30 now. Okafor is a consistent player that took on a bigger role, once Jackson Jeffcoat went down with an injury. His game is a lot like Tucks, where he uses his hands well. Good pass rusher and can be a nice addition to the rotation.

    Round 3 - Travis Kelce, TE – Cincinnati…. Underrated TE prospect with an all-around good game. He runs good routes, has good speed and is a big guy that could be a nice project for the coaching staff. Last year’s pick, Robinson is a major project and he has not proven to be able to dress at the NFL level.

    Round 4 – Brennan Williams, OT – North Carolina… Giants are in desperate need for a starting RT. Williams did a great job leading the way for Giovanni Bernard. DD is done, Locklear will be rehabbing and Brewer is awful.

    Round 5 – Bennie Logan, DT – LSU…. Great run defender, which is a big need for the Giants. Joseph has proven to be an excellent NFL DT and with Canty getting older, Bernard likely gone and Austin unproven. They need to bring in a younger guy to help push and motivate Austin and Kuhn.

    Round 6 – Darius Slay, CB – Miss. State…. Jonathan Banks got 95% of the credit and rightfully so. However, Slay was an excellent corner that showed the ability to cover. I still think Webby has one or two good years left and Prince is a solid player. Slay could be nice depth and I think if the Giants want to upgrade on the corners, they will look at Free Agency…(i.e. Sean Smith)

    Round 7 – Conner Vernon, WR – Duke…. Speed Speed Speed! He has great speed and runs above average routes. Giants need to continue to keep weapons around Eli and the top three spots are in place with: Nicks, Cruz and Randle…. Hixon may not be back… Barden is gone and Jernigan has shown nothing. Vernon could provide nice depth and a nice option for Special Teams.

  2. #2
    Hate Teo in the first round (more for being absolutely waxed by Alabama than the recent drama).

    I highly doubt Okafor is available in the second round.

    If we draft a TE in the third, I'll personally kick JR in his ding-ding.

    I'm ok with the rest though.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Hate Teo in the first round (more for being absolutely waxed by Alabama than the recent drama).

    I highly doubt Okafor is available in the second round.

    If we draft a TE in the third, I'll personally kick JR in his ding-ding.

    I'm ok with the rest though.
    I'm with you... I see 0% chance Okafor is available for us in the 2nd. If he makes it out of the first (which I'm not expecting to happen) he won't last long at all into the 2nd.

  4. #4
    yup.. if Reese wants Okafor it will be at #19.. unless he trades back a little

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    yup.. if Reese wants Okafor it will be at #19.. unless he trades back a little
    Honestly, I haven't begun my yearly research on the draft yet, so I can't comment on your picks. I like the positions for the most part, although I'd like to see us go after more OL.

    You mentioned trading down a bit. I'm a huge fan of this idea and wish we'd do it more often. However, you need someone to trade with you and it's tough to find a taker in the latter half of the rounds. Is this draft deep enough in any position that might warrant a team to jump up to our spot? If so, I'd be all in for the move.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Piddy283 View Post
    Honestly, I haven't begun my yearly research on the draft yet, so I can't comment on your picks. I like the positions for the most part, although I'd like to see us go after more OL.

    You mentioned trading down a bit. I'm a huge fan of this idea and wish we'd do it more often. However, you need someone to trade with you and it's tough to find a taker in the latter half of the rounds. Is this draft deep enough in any position that might warrant a team to jump up to our spot? If so, I'd be all in for the move.
    maybe #19 is a good spot for a team to reach for one of these QBs..

  7. #7
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeyitus View Post
    Round 1 – Manti Te’o, ILB – Notre Dame….. Here me out! No question this news story has f’d up his image. I still don’t believe that he knew nothing about it and I still feel that he has some explaining to do. With that said, he is an extremely talented player. He got a wake-up call in the BCS game when he played against real competition. He is a competitor and has great football intelligence. Giants need a lot of help at LB and this kid has the ability to be a great fun defender and good in pass defense.

    Round 2 – Alex Okafor, DE – Texas…. Giants need to upgrade their DE’s. Osi is gone and Tuck is 30 now. Okafor is a consistent player that took on a bigger role, once Jackson Jeffcoat went down with an injury. His game is a lot like Tucks, where he uses his hands well. Good pass rusher and can be a nice addition to the rotation.

    Round 3 - Travis Kelce, TE – Cincinnati…. Underrated TE prospect with an all-around good game. He runs good routes, has good speed and is a big guy that could be a nice project for the coaching staff. Last year’s pick, Robinson is a major project and he has not proven to be able to dress at the NFL level.

    Round 4 – Brennan Williams, OT – North Carolina… Giants are in desperate need for a starting RT. Williams did a great job leading the way for Giovanni Bernard. DD is done, Locklear will be rehabbing and Brewer is awful.

    Round 5 – Bennie Logan, DT – LSU…. Great run defender, which is a big need for the Giants. Joseph has proven to be an excellent NFL DT and with Canty getting older, Bernard likely gone and Austin unproven. They need to bring in a younger guy to help push and motivate Austin and Kuhn.

    Round 6 – Darius Slay, CB – Miss. State…. Jonathan Banks got 95% of the credit and rightfully so. However, Slay was an excellent corner that showed the ability to cover. I still think Webby has one or two good years left and Prince is a solid player. Slay could be nice depth and I think if the Giants want to upgrade on the corners, they will look at Free Agency…(i.e. Sean Smith)

    Round 7 – Conner Vernon, WR – Duke…. Speed Speed Speed! He has great speed and runs above average routes. Giants need to continue to keep weapons around Eli and the top three spots are in place with: Nicks, Cruz and Randle…. Hixon may not be back… Barden is gone and Jernigan has shown nothing. Vernon could provide nice depth and a nice option for Special Teams.
    My problem is the value is 2 good to be true.. Logan in the 5th? Slay in the 6th? Williams in mid 4th and Vernon in 7th all seems like super value to me.. Maybe one or 2 drops, but i don't know about getting all those guys in those rds..

  8. #8
    All-Pro G-Men Surg.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Down south In Cowturd country
    Posts
    10,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Hate Teo in the first round (more for being absolutely waxed by Alabama than the recent drama).

    I highly doubt Okafor is available in the second round.

    If we draft a TE in the third, I'll personally kick JR in his ding-ding.

    I'm ok with the rest though.
    Agree in some points with you, don't think we don't need to draft a TE just not that high IMO and Bennie Logan isn't going to last till the 5th round, no way.

  9. #9
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,236
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Agree in some points with you, don't think we don't need to draft a TE just not that high IMO and Bennie Logan isn't going to last till the 5th round, no way.
    If Bennie Logan went back to school, he'd be a sure fire late 1st/ 1st half of 2nd rd prospect.. Like u said, no way he lasts till midway into the 5th.. Connor Vernon isn't even gonna last till the 7th... He could go as high as 4th rd in my opinion, and will almost surely not see the 6th.. The value in this draft is just 2 good.. Darius Slay is so underrated on here, and is almost a sure fire top 4 rds pick, and could go as high as 3rd probably, and Brennan Williams could only fall to 4th if he gets bad news in regards to his torn labrum...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts