+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Mara Won't Rule Out Osi Umenyiora's Return To Giants

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...turn-to-giants

Excerpt: "Has Osi Umenyiora played his final game as a member of the New York Giants? Team co-owner John Mara isn't willing to say so. At least publicly.

"I don't know about that," Mara said, according to ESPNNewYork.com. "We'll see what happens. I would love to have him back. He's been a great player for us. He's a great guy. He's been a huge part of our two Super Bowl wins, but there are economic considerations and we'll just have to see what happens."

After the Giants' season ended, Umenyiora told a New York radio station he believed it was "time to move on."
    "I've earned the right to be a free agent," Umenyiora said. "It's been 10 years. I signed a seven-year deal, and they made me play out all seven of those years. If they wanted me back, I think something would have been done before now." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comer on John....no need to be that PC......
    Thats now 6 and 2 season ago........time to move on.....thanks Osi....good luck
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Comer on John....no need to be that PC......
    Thats now 6 and 2 season ago........time to move on.....thanks Osi....good luck
    What purpose would it serve to say anything different than what he said?

These types of things are what make the Giants a class organization.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    What purpose would it serve to say anything different than what he said?

These types of things are what make the Giants a class organization.
    The important part of Mara's comment was there are "financial considerations." Osi isn't going to get another $41 M contract
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The important part of Mara's comment was there are "financial considerations." Osi isn't going to get another $41 M contract
    Agreed

no0o

MUCH better.

i believe Osi would have a better season in 2013 on this squad, if he were to re-sign, than Tuck will. I don't have faith in Tuck!

Veteran
    There are many good DEs in this year's draft, If Osi returns would we still draft a DE?

Too many so called fans Hating on Osi.. He only came off the bench and had just as many sacks as JPP.. We need the depth if he comes at a good price.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by kingblue92 View Post
    Too many so called fans Hating on Osi.. He only came off the bench and had just as many sacks as JPP.. We need the depth if he comes at a good price.
    \
    Hating? Ill trade 4 sacks by a DE that can play the run. Far too often people just ran around him. Osi is as caught up in getting sacks as you are. He believes he only gets paid to get a sack. Nothing else seems to matter to him. This league is changing into a run option offense and OSi is not the guy that can play that. I for one am tired of watching the ball carrier through the back of Osi's jersey.