+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Mara Won't Rule Out Osi Umenyiora's Return To Giants

Osi is crazy to think he should get a lot of paper. Yet if he can get back on top, I'll eat crow hard. I did it in the past.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by kingblue92 View Post
    Too many so called fans Hating on Osi.. He only came off the bench and had just as many sacks as JPP.. We need the depth if he comes at a good price.
    \
    Hating? Ill trade 4 sacks by a DE that can play the run. Far too often people just ran around him. Osi is as caught up in getting sacks as you are. He believes he only gets paid to get a sack. Nothing else seems to matter to him. This league is changing into a run option offense and OSi is not the guy that can play that. I for one am tired of watching the ball carrier through the back of Osi's jersey.

Starter
    Osi is a way below average run defender, that's true. Combined with his deteriorating pass rushing, it's time to look elsewhere. He will always have a place in the hearst of Giants fans, but the time has come to upgrade the D. The offenses are changing and the Giants can't just stand pat, because of loyalty to one player. Osi had a great run with us and I hope him all the best in the future.

Osi has value to this team and they will present him with an offer. If he goes out and finds better then good for him. If he resigns here then I am confident that Reese and more importantly TC think he can contribute.

Tuck is signed at 4.5m for 1 more year. You will not replace his production as a solid run defender with pass rush ability for less than that. Contract years are often great motivators for guys and I would better he has a much better year.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    Osi has value to this team and they will present him with an offer. If he goes out and finds better then good for him. If he resigns here then I am confident that Reese and more importantly TC think he can contribute.

Tuck is signed at 4.5m for 1 more year. You will not replace his production as a solid run defender with pass rush ability for less than that. Contract years are often great motivators for guys and I would better he has a much better year.
    Excellent post.

+ Reply to Thread