+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mara Won't Rule Out Osi Umenyiora's Return To Giants

I think the writing is on the wall as far as Osi goes. Still, I'm glad that John Mara left the door open as you never know what could happen.

I'll tell you one thing, I sure am glad we picked up JPP two years ago. Without him the future of our defense would be noticeably bleaker.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by KidA View Post
    I think the writing is on the wall as far as Osi goes. Still, I'm glad that John Mara left the door open as you never know what could happen.
    Osi could surprise everyone an take a very organization friendly discounted long term contract. He has said before he wants to retire here but its a business and it takes two to come to terms. If reese is low balling then of course he walks but If it reasonable I think he would be inclined to stay.
    Im still trying to find the article where osi stated "He is looking for Top 5 DE money."

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Yes....lets all ignore the fact that A: Osi DIDN'T "play out the 7 year contract" without getting a bump last season and B: Osi doesn't WANT to be a Giant anymore....ie.."I think I've earned the right to be a free agent....."

Osi's time as a Giant is over....time to move on. Players come and go,,,even the good ones. Tuck should go as well.

You people obsessed with the "hater" talk need to grow up.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Veteran
    Lets ignore the fact that Osi said he wants to retire a giant.
    Lets also Ignore the fact that Reese was also unfair in the way he handled that situation

Great players help this team win games, which gets them to the playoffs and hopefully the super bowl. common sense dictates you keep the players that can help you win and to the people that are hating on a player because of what he has said off the field or against the GM and ignore the body of work plus what that player can still bring to the table, need to grow up as well.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Yes....lets all ignore the fact that A: Osi DIDN'T "play out the 7 year contract" without getting a bump last season and B: Osi doesn't WANT to be a Giant anymore....ie.."I think I've earned the right to be a free agent....."

Osi's time as a Giant is over....time to move on. Players come and go,,,even the good ones. Tuck should go as well.

You people obsessed with the "hater" talk need to grow up.
    You can't dispute the fact that he has earned the right to be a free agent. And his statements about it being time to move on, probably have a lot to do with the fact that he knows the Giants probably won't spend the money that he is looking for. But there is not a doubt in my mind that if the Giants made a competetive offer, that this is where he would want to be.

But with that being said, I am a huge Osi fan, but just don't see how we can go into next year with the same DE's as this year and expect a better performance. I don't buy Tuck's "motivation" comments for one second. And if they were both free agents I would want Osi over Tuck all day. But since Tuck isn't going anywhere, I think sadly we need to part ways with Osi, and see who can step up, either currently on the roster or through the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Lets ignore the fact that Osi said he wants to retire a giant.
    Lets also Ignore the fact that Reese was also unfair in the way he handled that situation

Great players help this team win games, which gets them to the playoffs and hopefully the super bowl. common sense dictates you keep the players that can help you win and to the people that are hating on a player because of what he has said off the field or against the GM and ignore the body of work plus what that player can still bring to the table, need to grow up as well.
    You have a little "osi" on your chin. It has nothing to do with osi acting like a diva...this is why you need to grow up.

Both Osi and Tuck have played past their prime, are on the downside of their careers and it's time to move on. Webster was good once too. Players get old. This defense scares no one. Time to fix it and stop trying to relive what once was.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    You can't dispute the fact that he has earned the right to be a free agent. And his statements about it being time to move on, probably have a lot to do with the fact that he knows the Giants probably won't spend the money that he is looking for. But there is not a doubt in my mind that if the Giants made a competetive offer, that this is where he would want to be.

But with that being said, I am a huge Osi fan, but just don't see how we can go into next year with the same DE's as this year and expect a better performance. I don't buy Tuck's "motivation" comments for one second. And if they were both free agents I would want Osi over Tuck all day. But since Tuck isn't going anywhere, I think sadly we need to part ways with Osi, and see who can step up, either currently on the roster or through the draft.
    He HAS earned it and I'm more than ready for him to go cash in....somewhere else. Reese will not over pay for him.

It's a what have you done for me lately business, and lately Osi has been in decline. Osi thinks he is worth a fortune, he is mistaken

All-Pro
    Just PC talk. He's gone.

I wont lie. i'd be pretty disappointed if Osi came back, and its not because i dont like him. I just think its time to move on.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

+ Reply to Thread