+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mara Won't Rule Out Osi Umenyiora's Return To Giants

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    You have a little "osi" on your chin. It has nothing to do with osi acting like a diva...this is why you need to grow up.

Both Osi and Tuck have played past their prime, are on the downside of their careers and it's time to move on. Webster was good once too. Players get old. This defense scares no one. Time to fix it and stop trying to relive what once was.
    I'll take that, you can go hide your stained reese photo's while you're at it and don't forget to put your the lotion back on the counter.
    Tell others to grow up based on opinion of a player or any player shows your maturity level, kind of like the pot calling the kettle black don't you think?

Osi still has some left in the tank, think back to the year sheridan was here how horrid osi's number was which matched his non starting limited involvement in the grand scheme of that defense, then the next year he had a great season, same situation. The whole defense sucked creating a domino effect thart even hampered JPP's production, a retooled scheme and a long term contract can change a lot as we have seen going from a Sheridan defense to a Fewell.

If you can't provide a solid debate outside of the childish grow up antics, go back to what you were doing before we interrupted you

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

It takes two to make a compromise. I'm not so sure Osi himself wants to continue to play for the Giants without being paid the premium at DE.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I'll take that, you can go hide your stained reese photo's while you're at it and don't forget to put your the lotion back on the counter.
    Tell others to grow up based on opinion of a player or any player shows your maturity level, kind of like the pot calling the kettle black don't you think?

Osi still has some left in the tank, think back to the year sheridan was here how horrid osi's number was which matched his non starting limited involvement in the grand scheme of that defense, then the next year he had a great season, same situation. The whole defense sucked creating a domino effect thart even hampered JPP's production, a retooled scheme and a long term contract can change a lot as we have seen going from a Sheridan defense to a Fewell.

If you can't provide a solid debate outside of the childish grow up antics, go back to what you were doing before we interrupted you
    Osi is done and is overrated. I don't care what people said about Spags cause of his performance with other teams, cause when he was with the Giants, Osi had a lot of one on ones. Now he hardly win those and is no longer worth a lot of money wich he wants. You have said that Osi still has some left in the tank. That is some left in the tank and not a lot or even enough for him to get a lot of money wich he wants.

I always liked Osi but at the same time, I know he is overrated. The DE who should have got a lot of money was the one who retired after the 07 Season Strahan. That man beat double and even some tripple teaming along with holding and still got a lot of sacks while players on the D-line were average. Osi suppose to be good enough to be a menance cause JPP was on the other side and I bet he got doubled so why Osi had a hard time? Well he needs a good scheme to help him to come free at the qb a lot of times like in the past. When he has too many hands on him, he is not effective and is on the decline. He had too many injuries in the past to,. He is done and it is time for him to go to another team.

Osi is definitely in decline as far as ability goes. The question that would have to be answered most likely would be is he willing to take a more diminished role in the defense, which would most likely mean a contract number that Osi would probably not want. Of course, thats between Osi, his agent, Mara and Reese.

Alot of players say they want to retire as part of the team they are currently on. It's mostly a PR thing, so that bridges are not burned.

If he stays I am fine, if he goes I am fine. The guy is good in spurts, but I think it is time for some new blood. Find younger horses to replenish the stable and put the older ones to pasture. Cycle them out.

I enjoy speculating and prognosticating with everyone else, but in the end I don't really care as long as the team is competitive and gets a trophy as often as they can.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 01-26-2013 at 04:02 AM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Osi is done and is overrated. I don't care what people said about Spags cause of his performance with other teams, cause when he was with the Giants, Osi had a lot of one on ones. Now he hardly win those and is no longer worth a lot of money wich he wants. You have said that Osi still has some left in the tank. That is some left in the tank and not a lot or even enough for him to get a lot of money wich he wants.

I always liked Osi but at the same time, I know he is overrated. The DE who should have got a lot of money was the one who retired after the 07 Season Strahan. That man beat double and even some tripple teaming along with holding and still got a lot of sacks while players on the D-line were average. Osi suppose to be good enough to be a menance cause JPP was on the other side and I bet he got doubled so why Osi had a hard time? Well he needs a good scheme to help him to come free at the qb a lot of times like in the past. When he has too many hands on him, he is not effective and is on the decline. He had too many injuries in the past to,. He is done and it is time for him to go to another team.

1. Osi is not a LDE he is a RDE always has been its a different type of issue going from facing the LT to the RT. you are not always going to get the same production, JPP plays better on the RDE than the LDE so i don't know how this statement "Osi suppose to be good enough to be a menance cause JPP was on the other side and I bet he got doubled so why Osi had a hard time?" is even relevant.

2."Now he hardly win those and is no longer worth a lot of money wich he wants." "even enough for him to get a lot of money wich he wants," do you have a link to the statments Osi made where he states he wants a certain amount of money and before you go off and get me the affidavit stuff thats what reese told Osi not Osi asking for that. So please cause i have been looking, provide me the article where Osi himself said he wants this specific amount of money. thanks

3. "Well he needs a good scheme to help him to come free at the qb a lot of times like in the past." Sad thing Is same fans like you and others on here wanted Osi and Tuck gone in 2009 when we had sheridan then in 2010 when Osi had 10 FF's you all were lining up with puckered lips. Give him more time to get going instead of one play then come out he can produce, give him DT's that can push the line back essentially pushing the QB deeper into the pocket, Linebackers and DL stop the damn run so we make the offense one dimensional and watch Old Osi Tee off. Frankly its annoying listening to you people tear down players that give their bodies for our enjoyment, You people want to just blame one person, point fingers, Its no different from fire Coughlin, fire gilbride, fire fewell, fire mara.

Cool i'm done on the subject the only reason I want Osi to go now is so that I can stop reading/hearing all your whining about it, so that I don't feel compelled to defend a player, I am not getting paid for this screw it.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Osi is definitely in decline as far as ability goes. The question that would have to be answered most likely would be is he willing to take a more diminished role in the defense, which would most likely mean a contract number that Osi would probably not want. Of course, thats between Osi, his agent, Mara and Reese.

Alot of players say they want to retire as part of the team they are currently on. It's mostly a PR thing, so that bridges are not burned.

If he stays I am fine, if he goes I am fine. The guy is good in spurts, but I think it is time for some new blood. Find younger horses to replenish the stable and put the older ones to pasture. Cycle them out.

I enjoy speculating and prognosticating with everyone else, but in the end I don't really care as long as the team is competitive and gets a trophy as often as they can.
    I can definitely resonate with this type of thinking, I can see why people would feel osi has declined and I am by no means saying Osi today is 2007/2010 Osi, but I see past just the players latent ability and look at the personnel around him. Is the DT's getting pressure? is the Line backers plugging the gaps? are the Corners containing enough for coverage sacks? are the safeties keeping everything in front of them? Is the scheme right? Before I say definitely hey this guy is a major problem. Football is not won and lost by one person its a team effort and the whole defense regressed last season . I just don't see why people don't see the similarity from 2009 to now.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    I can definitely resonate with this type of thinking, I can see why people would feel osi has declined and I am by no means saying Osi today is 2007/2010 Osi, but I see past just the players latent ability and look at the personnel around him. Is the DT's getting pressure? is the Line backers plugging the gaps? are the Corners containing enough for coverage sacks? are the safeties keeping everything in front of them? Is the scheme right? Before I say definitely hey this guy is a major problem. Football is not won and lost by one person its a team effort and the whole defense regressed last season . I just don't see why people don't see the similarity from 2009 to now.
    Osi and tuck played really bad this year. And that goes beyond sacks. Against the run Osi didnt do a good job containing the outside, especially against Mccoy and RG3. I watched guys run around him all season because of him talking undisciplined angles. It takes a lot for me to want to get rid of someone. Im not the "fire this guy", "new coach now!", "1 person cost us the game type of person". and if you pay attention to any of my posts or threads you would see that.

That being said this was probably osi's worst year as a Starter. also, i dont think the scheme should play a huge role in rushing the passer from the DE position. DE is probably the easiest position to play (reponsibility wise). It is pretty straight forward. Osi has Good excelleration but thats about it really. it is possible that Osi might bounce back next season but dont like the idea of him taking so many snaps way from JPP. I think its time to move on. I have nothing against the guy though. Jpp didnt play so good either.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 01-26-2013 at 06:45 AM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    Against the run Osi didnt do a good job containing the outside, especially against Mccoy and RG3.
    Osi has always been bad against the run, even in 2007, but it was masked with the DT play pushing the OB back racking up the totals for Osi, Plus they were doubling Strahan so he got one v ones. Now everyone wants to point it out? he was bad against the run in 2010 as well but that was masked with the FF's. can't please everyone man, he was relegated to situational pass rusher and the rest of the Line didn't help at all. He is a speed rusher, he is not going to be good against the run if his assignment is to get to the QB rather than contain the edge.
    That being said this was probably osi's worst year as a Starter.
    Osi did not start, this is apart of my argument, he was not starting all season, rotaitonal and still did better than tuck and as far as what Osi's job is he got to the QB almost as much as JPP.
    i dont think the scheme should play a huge role in rushing the passer from the DE position. DE is probably the easiest position to play (reponsibility wise). It is pretty straight forward.
    Again Go back to 2009-2010 what changed in the defense besides Fewell becoming the new DC? the scheme, almost 95% of the same personnel and they were a way better defense altogether than the 2009 unit. Scheme in football in every unit is a huge role for any unit, it is the only role. Do your job within this scheme, you hear coaches say this all the time. Don't know about that DE is easy comment either I watched my friends prepare for it at the high school and college level nothing easy about it, nothing straight forward about it, responsibility wise or ability wise. I can only imagine the stress at the pro level.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

I don't think the G'men will have the ability to give Osi what he feels he deserves, maybe Oakland will take him...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    I don't think the G'men will have the ability to give Osi what he feels he deserves
    Can I ask you a question ?
    What does Osi feel he deserves? Do you have any links of him stating what he feels he deserves in a contract?

@Katdaddyjay 17h

+ Reply to Thread