+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mara Won't Rule Out Osi Umenyiora's Return To Giants

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    I think Osi's going to be hugely disappointed in the free agent market. His inability to play the run, and the way he totally disappears for a whole games some times doesn't make him worth much to most teams. If he gets any more than his current Giants salary I'd be surprised. When the buzz all around the league, and on every pre-ame show you watch is how Osi has declined in 2012, I seriously doubt he's going to have a whole lot of teams calling. He could end up back with the Giants; but it would have to be at a salary that recognizes he's not a three down player, and his sack production is in rapid decline.
    You are on the money.

His sack production relies a lot on the success of the DT's. Actually I think the lack of a push from the DT's this year really affected JPP also. If they can't get pressure up the middle then the QB can just step up in the pocket and beat the DE's every time. Missing Canty most of the year really hurt. Canty was a big force in 2011. Kuhn is not the answer. Osi really flourished with Coefield and Robbins.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    His sack production relies a lot on the success of the DT's. Actually I think the lack of a push from the DT's this year really affected JPP also. If they can't get pressure up the middle then the QB can just step up in the pocket and beat the DE's every time. Missing Canty most of the year really hurt. Canty was a big force in 2011. Kuhn is not the answer. Osi really flourished with Coefield and Robbins.
    Yeah.....lack of sack production is easy to just openly complain about..but the ends rely on the DT's to handle the middle in order to get pressure. That being said....it's Osi's poor play against the run that has frustrated me.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

maybe Mr. Mara will try for Osi at good price! he would be serviceable in a backup role; however i still wouldnt sign him!

its time for the Giants to sever their ties with Osi!

I see too many excuses. As a QB you are dependent on your wide receivers to catch the ball when you throw it. As a receiver you are dependent on your QB. Your whole offense is dependent on the offensive line.

A defensive end is different. If you want to get to the QB then "YOU" have to beat the guy in front of you. Its no one elses fault if you cant do that. Good pash rushers win the 1 on 1 battles, and even the 1v2's at times. Osi had a bad year and its 100% his fault. Who knows though. He might be able to bounce back next year. But me personally, I think he's at the end of his career.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 01-26-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    maybe Mr. Mara will try for Osi at good price! he would be serviceable in a backup role; however i still wouldnt sign him!

its time for the Giants to sever their ties with Osi!
    Unfortunately I agree, but only because we can't get rid of Tuck. I def won't be upset if they find a way to come to deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    I see too many excuses. As a QB you are dependent on your wide receivers to catch the ball when you throw it. As a receiver you are dependent on your QB. Your whole offense is dependent on the offensive line.

A defensive end is different. If you want to get to the QB then "YOU" have to beat the guy in front of you. Its no one elses fault if you cant do that. Good pash rushers win the 1 on 1 battles, and even the 1v2's at times. Osi had a bad year and its 100% his fault. Who knows though. He might be able to bounce back next year. But me personally, I think he's at the end of his career.
    +1

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    lol......you're a child. As I read your little temper tantrums I can't help but picture you in your footie PJ's, blankey one hand and sippy cup in the other, stomping your feet and demanding someone listen to you.

You got told to grow up because you started calling people "haters" before the debate even got started.
    Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Sigh* " I forsee 10 pages of anger/hate in this thread."
    Is this the post you read where I calling people "haters"? You know what FB we have done this dance before so I am going to approach it a different way this time, than get into a name calling match with you.
    In my opinion your reading comprehension must be lacking, if you took that quote above as me calling people Osi haters. If i can summarize that for you, it would look a lot more like this, the thread itself is going to have alot of angry posts towards what mara said cause people hate the idea of resigning Osi back to the team. If that makes them haters or just makes them concerned fans that care more about the caps hits than the players needed to win games or vise versa, that's up to anyone's interpretation.
    Also I don't know where you get little temper tantrums from, there was not CAPPED! text in that whole post, all of it was factual and opinionated nothing vulgar came across and I didn't start calling people names like you love to do, to make yourself feel big on a message board, then laugh it off as " ah just busting your chops, people can't handle that anymore."

So no FB I will not go down that road with you again and if you have nothing better that idiotic posts about PJ's and a blankey, which is highly disturbing that you are picturing a grown man in PJ's, you can go back to tuning your guitar or something.
    Last edited by rainierjef; 01-26-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Veteran
    Exactly cause Speed rushers rely on the QB progressing deep into the pocket, If that QB can step up in the pocket untouched then that kind of negates the speed rush cause the DE has to reverse back. If there is not dt pressure then I don't care who you have at DE quick passes, delayed runs and QB runs will kill the defense all day.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post

I agree with a little of what you're saying here, so let me ask it this way.
    Did JPP have a bad year this year as well? and was it his fault?
    personally I don't believe in the single blame concept, I think everything has a cause and effect, but you are right 1v1 situations should be won, what masks Osi 1v1 battles that he wins is when he gets blown by the runner to the inside lane he leaves un protected cause he is speed rushing the outside of the tackle, it is extremely more difficult to speed rush from the inside.

But I hear where you're coming from, we will just agree to disagree on the matter, cause I think everyone stunk it up equally this year, and feel its very premature to just blame one person for a unit's failure especially when that person was not a starter. Not saying that's what you are doing but I have seen posts and hear fans do that.

I am ready for Osi to leave honestly so these type of threads can finally go away. I always feel a need to respond to them.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

+ Reply to Thread