+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    The fact is, you have absolutely no idea how much money he is looking for. Nobody does, he hasn't said anything.
    It's obvious he wants more money than the Giants are willing to pay him. Otherwise, we wouldn't be having this debate.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Disagree completely, in our defense the DE's need to get a push from the DT's. That didn't happen this year, and it affected all of our DE's. do you feel that JPP's talent dropped off to the tune of 10 sacks less this year?

I am not saying that we should pay Osi big money, but don't be mistaken into thinking that the defense doesn't work as a unit.
    You don't need push from the DT's for you to beat "your man one on one". Im not talking about getting sacks. Im talking about winning the one on one battle with the guy in front of you. The excuses need to stop. We've always had average defensive tackles when it comes to rushing the passer. Down in the trenches you need to win those one on one battles. Especially the defensive ends. Osi played bad and its his fault that he played bad.
    Last edited by Marvelousmik; 01-26-2013 at 09:28 PM.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    You don't need push from the DT's for you to beat "your man one on one". Im not talking about getting sacks. Im talking about winning the one on one battle with the guy in front of you. The excuses need to stop. We've always had average defensive tackles when it comes to rushing the passer. Down in the trenches you need to win those one on one battles. Especially the defensive ends. Osi played bad and its his fault that he played bad.
    Like mentioned before he wants to be a stater again, he will never be starting again with the Giants, that been said he's asking for long term " starting " contract, thats why he sees him self out of town.

Not a big deal -- Mara will leave that decision up to JR and the FO. I don't mind Osi coming back either, for the right price. But if he does, I'd still aspire to draft a DE this year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post
    So did JPP have a bad season also, because they had about the same number of sacks. I don't think he played bad but according to your "logic" he must have.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Like mentioned before he wants to be a stater again, he will never be starting again with the Giants, that been said he's asking for long term " starting " contract, thats why he sees him self out of town.
    Nobody knows what Osi is asking for, and nobody knows what the Giants would be willing to pay him.

He probably won't be back. But everyone on here talking about what Osi wants is purely speculating and starting rumors that they can't back up. Please provide some links people!

No one knows the exact number Osi is looking for, but from his past rumblings it's logical to think he wants far more than he's worth and what the Giants are willing to pay.

It was just 2 years ago that he was complaining about the ridiculous deal the Panthers gave Charles Johnson....

Osi as inflated self opinion...and he wants out of NY. He wants to be a FA so let him. Let's see what he can get. There are a few teams that will overpay for him.....as long as it's not the Giants I don't care.

People get too sentimental over players. Our D-line was a punch line last season.
    Last edited by FBomb; 01-27-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Let him chase the money, beware that Giants players who have left get a big payday but do not fare well. In a couple of years they are either out of the NFL or hopping from team to team with even less playing time. Boss, Manningham and Jacobs.

Osi and Tuck didn't show up this year. The rest of the team just quit when it look like they were running away with the Div. Why? The Giants could beat any team in the playoffs. They had it made, just make the playoffs. I expect the same this season, start strong and then go into a coma.
    Good teams win games, Great teams cover the spread!

So did JPP have a bad season also, because they had about the same number of sacks. I don't think he played bad but according to your "logic" he must have.
    Jpp had a down year in terms of rushing the passer but played good against he run. osi was bad at both.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Starter
    I don't know. Osi was better than Tuck down the road, but there's no sense in keeping both of them anymore so I would let Osi walk and look elsewhere,