+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just a little Victor Cruz love

Love this kid. Met him at training camp before the season and he's such a humble young man who knows his place. He's got a good head on his shoulders. The type of player I'd root for even if he was on another team. It's funny, I always see exciting players like him and think,"why can't the giants have a player like that?" and now we do.

On another note, sad to see AP get hurt today. A guy I've met a couple times and he's one of the nicer guys you'll meet in this league, and one of the best players too. Hope he can come back healthy at some point next season.

Merry Christmas fellow giants fans!

Re: Just a little Victor Cruz love

Victor Cruz has shut me up. I thought he was a preseason star, but he has proven me wrong time and time again. The guy just plays football well.

He has done really well, still some mistakes here and there, but he is making up for it. I hate his end zone dance. He's gotta come up with something better if he's gonna keep scoring TDs. Just not impressed with the salsa dance. Meh, maybe that's just me.

The guy is wicked good. And he's not one of those arrogant big mouth *******s that so many wide receivers are. With all their trash talk, T.O. and Randy Moss will retire without rings and it's not that they didn't have their opportunities.

Despite the fact that Nicks has not played well the past few weeks, the Giants currently have THE two best WRs in their long history. I've been waiting all my life for the Giants to have a league-class passing game. I was getting a little tired of just being known as a rushing team only. That won't get you very far in the NFL today.

[quote user="GiantLegend"]He has done really well, still some mistakes here and there, but he is making up for it. I hate his end zone dance. He's gotta come up with something better if he's gonna keep scoring TDs. Just not impressed with the salsa dance. Meh, maybe that's just me.[/quote] Yeah, I think it`s you cause the whole country is doing it.

[quote user="GiantLegend"]He has done really well, still some mistakes here and there, but he is making up for it. I hate his end zone dance. He's gotta come up with something better if he's gonna keep scoring TDs. Just not impressed with the salsa dance. Meh, maybe that's just me.[/quote]
    I hate the Salsa too, but I love to see him doing it. His dancing mean 6 points..... I'll deal with it.

I have to say that I am extremely excited about how he has stepped up and taken over the second option in the receivers crew, as I am still waiting for Manningham and the rest to show their potential. Cruz has been nothing short of amazing. I remember wanting to see him play after watching him play during the preseason.

About the salsa dance. I heard him say during an interview that he was doing it for his grandmother, and representing his Latin roots. And even though it is not the best salsa dance that I have ever seen, I have to say that Latinos like myself get a kick out of seeing him dance after a TD.

Feliz Navidad to all Giants fans out there.

[quote user="GiantLegend"]He has done really well, still some mistakes here and there, but he is making up for it. I hate his end zone dance. He's gotta come up with something better if he's gonna keep scoring TDs. Just not impressed with the salsa dance. Meh, maybe that's just me.[/quote]

I'm not a big fan of the salsa celebration, but I am a fan that Cruz knows when to do it and when not to. Hate those guys who do their big celebration when the team is losing...

I'd rather see Cruz salsa than Jacobs "worldwide" dance. Actually as long as its a giant in the end zone I don't care

[quote user="Gmen2005"]Victor Cruz has shut me up. I thought he was a preseason star, but he has proven me wrong time and time again. The guy just plays football well.
    [/quote]

I was a homer for him after that Jet game, I just saw unnatural, uncoachable talent. And he's exceeded what I could have imagined. Single season record as essentially a rookie... Makes Nicks look like Manningham (I think Nicks is kind of dispirited). Makes Manningham look like Jernighan.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells