+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eli is All Class

Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington
    Just watched Eli Manning discreetly give several hotel workers at Pro Bowl each $100 bills, calling them by their first names. That's class.

Atta boy Elisha.

All-Pro
    Wow, that's pretty awesome.

There are many that will say a lot of things about Eli... good and bad. But one thing you can't argue, the man is a class act off the field. Giving $100 bills meant very little to him, what impresses me more is that he knew the names of the workers. I would never pull that off!
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Eli is a good dude

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    Jeff Darlington ‏@JeffDarlington
    Just watched Eli Manning discreetly give several hotel workers at Pro Bowl each $100 bills, calling them by their first names. That's class.
    Was just about to post this....Class act need more people like that
    ALL IN!

The thing is, I bet that this is something he was brought up to do. I've been to New Orleans before on some volunteer trips after Katrina happened, and a lot of folks down there are very generous people, regardless of skin color or income level. It's just something that's expected in New Orleans' culture. There was the simple fact that, after our church had linked up with a church down there and had just gotten that church back on its feet physically and financially after several years, they turned around and ask us if we needed any help... twice... after Irene and Sandy. Our building was on higher ground and didn't suffer any damage so we didn't need help, but the fact that we had received an email from them while the storm was still going on was tremendous.

It also explains why the city rallied hard around the team when the whole Bountygate thing happened. While I was on said trips, I heard plenty of first-hand accounts from people there of Saints players and other folks in the organization donating significant amounts of time during offseasons to the rebuilding effort. I'm not saying it excuses anyone for their on-field conduct, but it is perfectly understandable as to why the city would rush to their defense (had such a thing happened here, we would have downright crucified Tuck and Osi...)

Anyway, to me, it's no surprise that the three most truly generous (as in they will actually be generous just as they are, not to make a PR stunt) QBs in the NFL today are both Mannings and Drew Brees.

Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.

I love Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Wow, that's pretty awesome.

There are many that will say a lot of things about Eli... good and bad. But one thing you can't argue, the man is a class act off the field. Giving $100 bills meant very little to him, what impresses me more is that he knew the names of the workers. I would never pull that off!
    Most workers in the hospitality industry wear name tags, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Most workers in the hospitality industry wear name tags, lol.
    Still, most people (myself included) wouldn't think to greet them by name...

Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.

lets trade the bum,,who does he think he is?

p.s. I work in the hospitality biz and it's amazing how many of these actors and athletes just don't have a clue,,never mind remembering peoples names. good for Easy.