+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marcus Lattimore

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by teaneck View Post
    I don't know if its the dislocated knee that I'm worried about. While it is a serious injury, it is a freak injury but recovery in most dislocated knees go well and the knees usually return to normal. While Lattimore may have the "damaged-goods" moniker attached to him, Adrian Peterson also had multiple ACL injuries in college. I'm not comparing the two players but rather their injuries. I stand by my assertion that Lattimore would be a solid pick in the 3rd round. Bottom line, he will recover and he will play at one point. By taking him in the 3rd we could let him rest for a year and recover without having to pay him too much.
    Ap did not have any acl injuries in college

I think that these type of players may lead to a rise in another aspect of the game that goes unnoticed.

Looking back at the Chargers in the 2011-2012 season, their o-line was constantly injured. That could be a result of poor coaching/conditioning.

Highly talented players with injuries may lead to a rise in teams amping up their physical therapy staff and injury recovery staff.

This is just a crazy thought I had when thinking about what could incentivize highly talented but injured UFAs going to specific teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Ap did not have any acl injuries in college
    I'm sorry! I must have remembered incorrectly. I remember that during his draft class he did not go as high as he did because of his durability issues. Whatever that means.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by teaneck View Post
    I'm sorry! I must have remembered incorrectly. I remember that during his draft class he did not go as high as he did because of his durability issues. Whatever that means.
    he had a broken shoulder.

Am I wrong or is jaqaun williams the only pick after the 4th to produce since after 2007? In the 4th id be with gambling on lattimore, hes a 1st round talent all day...

Yeah Williams is the only talent I can think of, obviously there is AB in 2006. but yeah 3rd-4th. I think the third in itself is a reach.

Cincy is thinking of taking him in the 1st.

A couple years back before he tore his ACL, I was all aboard the Lattimore train as a potential future Giant. I was glad to see him comeback last season, but felt terrible for the kid when he dislocated his knee. I am no draft expert, but I dont think I would take a chance on him in the 3rd rd, maybe 4th or 5th rd.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

+ Reply to Thread