+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giant Five: 2013 Breakout Candidates

Giant Five: 2013 Breakout Candidates

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...ugh-candidates

Excerpt: "This week we are rolling out some Giants top five lists.

So far, we have taken a look at five Giants leaders, the five biggest base salaries on the roster, five Giants injuries to monitor in the offseason, and five bounce-back candidates.

Now we examine five Giants who could have a breakout season in 2013, with more playing time and a bigger role. All these players have three years of experience or less.

1. RB David Wilson –- Wilson came on strong late in the 2012 season, with 230 of his 358 rushing yards coming in three of the last four games. He started two of the last three and gave the Giants a glimpse of what he can do as a No. 1 back. GM Jerry Reese said Wilson can carry the load of being a starter.

2. WR Rueben Randle –- The Giants’ second-round pick last year also came on late in the season, with four catches for 58 yards and two touchdowns in his only start, against the Eagles in the season finale. Domenik Hixon is reliable and can make some big catches, but it may be time to see what Randle can do as the team's full-time third wide receiver.

3. RT James Brewer -– Reese and the coaching staff talked quite a bit about Brewer before training camp last year. The 2011 fourth-round pick may be in the mix to start at right tackle in 2013. David Diehl is entering the final year of his contract, and left tackle Will Beatty is a free agent. It might be time to see if Brewer is ready for a bigger role. " Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Any list that has Marvin Austin listed as "honorable mention" naturally forces me to question the acumen of the writer, no??

Still I believe that Wilson and Randle are ready to make significant contributions next year.

I would also put Jaquan Williams ahead of Herzlich and Paysinger as breakout candidates.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I'll predict...
    Hosley,full offseason & some tweaking, becomes a pleasant suprise....
    Rueben Randle,flashed a little as a rookie...wich in a world that guys go 2,3 years & not show anything,is a good thing....
    Mosley,idk why,but I'll go with him because Brewer looked absolutely horrible against preseason Bums....
    Kuhn,pushes his way into a big role...
    Ojomo, typical answer yes...but I believe he'll follow up preseason hype big time as Cruz did.....
    Last edited by myles2424; 01-26-2013 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Any list that has Marvin Austin listed as "honorable mention" naturally forces me to question the acumen of the writer, no??

Still I believe that Wilson and Randle are ready to make significant contributions next year.

I would also put Jaquan Williams ahead of Herzlich and Paysinger as breakout candidates.
    Agreed Jomo! some of the players they mention are surprising....

That's actually a sad list of breakout candidates (after the first 2 of course). I don't think that candidates 3-5 (with the possible exception of Paysinger) are even close to being starting NFL players, much less breakout candidates. I'm guessing that at least one of them will not be on the final 53 man roster to begin next season.

Really hard to tell until we know which players we pick up in the draft. Some of these guys could be pushed further down the depth chart from kids who are still taking classes today.

Wilson and Randle are the only two that I have any confidence in, although a lot of Wilson's potential lies in the hands of the OL which has not gotten the job done in the running game lately.

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    I'll predict...
    Hosley,full offseason & some tweaking, becomes a pleasant suprise....
    Rueben Randle,flashed a little as a rookie...wich in a world that guys go 2,3 years & not show anything,is a good thing....
    Mosley,idk why,but I'll go with him because Brewer looked absolutely horrible against preseason Bums....
    Kuhn,pushes his way into a big role...
    Ojomo, typical answer yes...but I believe he'll follow up preseason hype big time as Cruz did.....
    I agree on Hosley. He could be very useful in the slot.
    No one remembers who came in second.

All-Pro
    My top 5 would be

Wilson
    Randle
    Ojomo
    Hosely
    Paysinger
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

All-Pro
    my top 5

Wilson
    Randle
    Herzlich.. please
    J Williams
    Hosley

+ Reply to Thread