+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giant Five: 2013 Breakout Candidates

I'm suprised no one mentioned Prince. He had a solid sophmore season but I believe he will only get better. I could see his interception numbers going up as he may be the guy covering the opposing teams #1. David Wilson and Rueben Randle are the two easy choices for they will see more playing time. I would also put Will Hill, he has shown he can be very versatile in Fewell's defense, he has to much raw talent not to be getting more playing time. I was shocked to see James Brewer on the list, in the pre-season he was getting abused by guys who are selling car insurance right about now. But in the few games he played during the jumbo package he played well. We all know if J. Will can stay healthy he will have a solid season, I think he should be the starting weak side linebacker next season.
    Last edited by primetime; 01-26-2013 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    I'm suprised no one mentioned Prince. He had a solid sophmore season but I believe he will only get better. I could see his interception numbers going up as he may be the guy covering the opposing teams #1.
    I think Prince has already broken out. Will he improve, yes. But teams know he's our best corner now...

David Wilson and Rueben Randle are the two easy choices for they will see more playing time. I would also put Will Hill, he has shown he can be very versatile in Fewell's defense, he has to much raw talent not to be getting more playing time. I was shocked to see James Brewer on the list, in the pre-season he was getting abused by guys who are selling car insurance right about now. But in the few games he played during the jumbo package he played well. We all know if J. Will can stay healthy he will have a solid season, I think he should be the starting weak side linebacker next season.
    I think the Brewer love comes from the fact that absolutely nobody wants Diehl around anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    my top 5

Wilson
    Randle
    Herzlich.. please
    J Williams
    Hosley
    Herzlich is awful and IMO his roster spot is in jeopardy if we draft any LB's

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Any list that has Marvin Austin listed as "honorable mention" naturally forces me to question the acumen of the writer, no??

Still I believe that Wilson and Randle are ready to make significant contributions next year.

I would also put Jaquan Williams ahead of Herzlich and Paysinger as breakout candidates.
    +1
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

I agree with Wilson, Randle I'm coming around on but still a bit leary, the other 3 I am puzzled by. I would say Prince, Will and JJ have great shots at breakout seasons. The Giants started getting JJ more snaps at the end of the year and thought enough of him to have 6 active WR rather than the 5 they went through most of the season with. I also have a bit of inside info on JJ being that my daughter who goes to Troy is friends with one of JJ' s closest friends. Word is JJ is very confident he will be seeing increased time in the slot as well as some time out wide. He has no illusions about replacing Cruz but is feeling good about being more involved in the offensive game plan next season.

+ Reply to Thread